At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
Our Denver office is seeking an experienced manager for our Financial Accounting Services Team (FAST)
The FAST manager serves as the key “Trusted Advisor” for accounting and advisory clients with an industry focus. This position is accountable for the day-to-day financial reporting. This role also supports the business development and growth initiatives of the practice and is responsible for retaining talented associates through strong leadership and coaching/mentoring relationships.
Leadership and development of people
- Advise/mentor other associates regarding clients’ accounting and/or tax situations
- Coach/develop associates along their career path
- Act as a liaison with new firms acquired through mergers and acquisitions to help acclimate into Wipfli’s culture
- Provide onsite services as requested by client
- Serve as the primary liaison between the client and the client’s tax preparer and other professional service providers.
- Provide tactical operational and financial planning guidance to the client
- Ensure efficient use of industry resources through workforce and technology planning
- Actively participate in growth initiatives through business development, assessment, or impact pricing efforts
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Participate in special projects/committees
- Manage day-to-day financial reporting accuracy utilizing available tools to ensure efficient client workflow and on-time processing of client information
- Review and compile management reporting packages
- Perform analysis to determine borrowing base calculation
- Prepare budgets, forecasts, and proactively communicate with CFO (internal or client)
- Review workpapers and schedules to ensure audit readiness
- Four-year degree in Accounting
- MBA preferred
- 6-8 years of experience accounting working with clients in $1 to $10MM revenue and 2-3 years managing staff in pay for performance environment
- Professional certification (CPA, CMA) desired
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Prioritization and focus in a high-paced, multitasking environment
- Ability to apply self to learning and applying technical skills
- Interest in personal and professional development and advancement