Position Overview Responsibilities will center on financial and operational support for the Footwear and Accessories Division within North America Wholesale. Footwear and Accessories are identified as growth categories within Ralph Lauren Corporation
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and innovative financial professional with the ability to multi-task with a high degree of analytical proficiency and integrity. The position requires good foundational knowledge and experience in finance/accounting and a firm understanding of financial concepts. Candidate will need to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization.
The position reports to the Director of North America Wholesale Finance for Womenswear and Footwear/Accessories. This position interfaces with Divisional Management, Sales, Planning, Accounting, and Account Services
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities Own and direct the preparation of monthly forecasts, strategic annual Plan & Long Range Plan
- Responsible for full P&L including Bookings/Shipment flow, Sales Dilution, Margin, Cost Variances and Expenses
- Act as the lead finance business partner by establishing strong relationships with all cross functional partners
- Pro-actively identify Risks & Opportunities
- Effectively communicate changes in business and help to support collective, strategic decisions
- Anticipate needs of senior management and business partners in order to prioritize efforts and deliver results
- Support division leads in building appropriate inventory buy plans and manage inventory proactively
- Oversee capital forecasting process including capital approval requests, depreciation timing, and ROI analyses
- Assist with the month-end close process including variance analyses in partnership with accounting team
- Champion finance best practices and help drive operational and process improvements
- Support and prepare ad hoc analyses and special projects as needed
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- College/University degree in Finance/Accounting or related field required5+ years financial/accounting experience with major focus on planning and analysis
- Wholesale apparel or non-apparel experience in an operational finance role a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral, written, and formal)
- Ability to develop professional relationships with varying levels of management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Self-motivated, committed individual with ability to work independently and be accountable for results
- Advanced competency in Excel and other Microsoft applications, experience with SAP/Microstrategy, Hyperion/Essbase a plus.