Job Function:Finance General (40000022)
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world’s 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Finance Manager opening to join our Global Strategic Sourcing Finance organization.
This is a great opportunity to be a finance leader in the North America Global Strategic Sourcing team. We are an integral part of the GSS leadership team who work with our partners around the globe to provide financial reporting and analysis for Global direct material spend. You will partner with global process partners as well as Senior GSS leaders to understand and vet drivers of direct material spend to help drive strategic, value-creating decisions. This analysis includes an understanding of vendor negotiations, engineering project cost take-out, raw material price changes, and currency impacts to our direct material spend. As well as, communicating these impacts and any risk/opportunities to Senior levels of leadership.
What You Will Do
- Serve as reporting finance lead for the Global Strategic Sourcing Finance team.
- Provide monthly financial reporting and analysis on key Procurement metrics for Global Procurement teams
- Primary owner of NAR Materials P4G calculation and reporting process
- Consolidate and provide quarterly and annual data necessary for quarterly earnings calls and annual SEC filings working closely with Corporate FP&A.
- Work collectively with cross-functional / cross-regional teams to identify direct material drivers
- Develop robust business analysis / reporting for GSS Leadership to drive strategic, value creating business decisions and execution
- Provide thought leadership to assist business in identifying risk / opportunities and drive better business decisions around direct material
- Drive communication and alignment between Global process partners and Senior Leaders including GSS SVP, Regional Procurement VP’s, Regional Finance Teams, Corporate FP&A, Investor Relations
- Identify risks and opportunities related to achieving financial objectives, working with process partners to mitigate risks and realize opportunities
- Perform appropriate risk and sensitivity analysis (currency, etc.)
- Identify and lead opportunities to improve business processes and reporting
- Identify and lead opportunities to improve Whirlpool’s business performance and operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ Years of accounting experience
- MBA preferred
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, data management, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization and with many diverse individuals and cultures
- Proven leadership and managerial abilities.
- Ability to communicate complex financials in a simple understandable format
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines
- Self-starter and achievement oriented with the ability to work independently and be a thought leader