This management level position will be responsible for providing financial leadership to an operating area or project portfolio. Will ensure that key internal controls processes are in place and that information is communicated to management on a timely basis. Will develop key working relationships with internal WDI customers and understand their core business. Will often work with other TWDC Corporate groups and third party customers. Position will manage, train, and develop Finance staff.
- Provide financial leadership to an operating area or project portfolio including the management and development of direct report Finance staff.
- Ensure key internal control processes are in place, issues are identified, and information is accurate and communicated to management on a timely basis.
- Develop and coordinate key financial processes (Annual Operating Plan and Forecasts).
- Responsible for analyzing actual financial results and/or prospective new business proposals.
- Have comprehensive understanding of the business with ability to effectively communicate financial issues and present business results, identify opportunities, and evaluate and recommend optimal solutions to issues.
- Must work collaboratively with colleagues, partners and third parties, as well as, exert influence to deliver results.
- Possess solid understanding of finance principles and practices and ensure that effective controls are in place to comply with all Company financial policies and guidelines.
- Develop key working relationships with internal WDI customers and understand their core businesses
- Partner with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Segment and The Walt Disney Company Corporate Finance and Business Development groups and 3rd party customers.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a financial related field
- Possess thorough understanding of financial controls (e.g., budgeting, forecasting) and accounting impacts
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and decision making skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and effectively present financial analysis to all levels of management
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Strong partnering, negotiating, influencing and networking skills
- Ability to coach, mentor and lead Finance staff and/or orchestrate complex or multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of financial systems and software applications
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing computer applications and must have experience with integrated financial systems
- Experience preparing and interpreting financial and accounting analyses such as cash flow forecasts, cost and budget trend and variance analyses, and pro forma analyses, NPV and IRR analyses.
- Prior supervisory / management experience
- Experience with Standards, Applications and Products in Data Processing (SAP)
- Experience with Khalix
- Prior TWDC, entertainment, construction, real estate, or manufacturing industry experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or related field