Administers, monitors, and assures the effectiveness of various financial systems. Perform programming analysis functions and provide training for both internal and external users on budgeting and reporting, capital budgeting and headcount reporting tools.
- Assures daily feeds are working correctly with validation of data from other source systems through audit and reconciliation processes including actual GL data from PeopleSoft, payroll data from payroll management system and any data fed from the data warehouse.
- Coordinates and take primary responsibility for setting up new users with access to all systems. Provides basic training classes for external new users and refresher courses for existing users prior to the beginning of the annual budgeting process. Coordinates advanced training sessions for internal users. Maintains user security in all systems.
- Works with the other Financial Planning staff to understand internal and external reporting needs and facilitate the creation of reports to meet these needs, including standard templates as well as custom ad hoc reports. Evaluates all systems, processes and reports for efficiency as well as departmental and organizational needs.
- Administers and maintains all aspects of the Hyperion Essbase reporting, including outline, rules, calculation scripts and member hierarchies.
- Provides departmental support on system issues that arise and long term enhancement requests. Acts as the primary liaison with the IT department and other account representatives from vendor systems on upgrades and enhancement requests that fall outside of the scope and capability or the Financial Planning department.
- Throughout the project management process:
- Interacts with and influences staff throughout D-H to gather input, test assumptions and review findings.
- Assures that all affected Hospital departments and Clinic sections are represented in appropriate discussions and decisions.
- Promotes an understanding of the financial and organizational impact of each project among the clinical and operations team members.
- Efficiently coordinates all aspects of projects to achieve accurate and timely completion.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets as well as the five- year plan. Creates and produces reporting for all levels of the organization throughout the process.
- Manages the workflow of the department by working with fellow Financial Planning leaders to evaluate the staffing requirements for each assigned project. Utilizes staffing resources and manages department workflow by assisting and directing staff in the completion of various tasks.
- Completes employee performance appraisals and develop training plans for new employees as appropriate. Participates in the recruitment process.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Management with a focus in Information Systems, or Bachelor's degree in Information Systems with 5 years of finance and/or project management experience required.
- MBA preferred.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: