PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The principle purpose of this role is to partner with business leaders (Allied Businesses, and Shared Services) to drive value creation through financial and business leadership from strategy development through execution in order to identify prospective markets and potential opportunities. This includes responsibility for supporting business unit and enterprise scenario planning by developing long-range scenario models, and recommending and executing measurement plans, analytics and coordinated functional scorecards.
• Manages a team of financial analysts who will provide functional support to business units ensuring financial best practices are implemented and followed, reported, and analyzed to identify insights for decision making
• Leverages the Financial Centers of Expertise to provide financial insights to aid in decision making, identification of financial risks and opportunities, and analysis of performance drivers
• Partners with senior leadership (SVPs & VPs) in the business functional areas to provide financial insights, recommendations, and best practices to help the company make effective resource allocation decisions
• Prepares and communicates certain deliverables to senior management and the Board of Directors relating to the portfolio, guardrails, long-range plan and annual operating plan, linking strategy and intent to financial outcomes and measures of success
• Researches issues as identified, reports findings, suggests alternative courses of action, and constantly look for process improvements
• Guides the business units through the financial planning, forecasting, expense and capital management processes, leveraging the appropriate data elements for markets and for the industry to support the evaluation of strategic options and alternatives
• Leverages financial perspective to bring thought leadership to the development lifecycle
• Coordinates with other areas of Finance to ensure projected financial outcomes resulting from business plans are properly planned and forecasted
• Supports and helps drive opportunity sizing and proof of concept activities.
• Supports the building of processes and score-carding for Allied businesses in an effort to continuously measure the overall health of Lowe's financial portfolio
• Supports the development of the long-range plan (LRP) for Allied Business, advises on key business planning assumptions, trade-offs and opportunities
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field plus 7+ years of experience in finance or analytical role
• Experience in strategic and financial modeling (2+ years)
• Experience leading people directly or indirectly
• Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) based systems, multi-dimensional databases, such as TM1, Hyperion or Essebase
• Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g., MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Teradata, TM1, Alteryx, SSIS, SQL, Svr)
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects.
Job ID 1414922BR