The finance manager plays an important role and is a high visibility position given the necessary interface with various senior managers/other departments in the organization and the exposure to new planning and growth initiatives. The finance manager provides advanced financial support through experience and consistently demonstrated knowledge in preparing, reviewing, consolidating, explaining, and communicating financial data for one or more business units. Working closely with our sales, operations and finance teams, along with senior management this position will provide quantitative support for key strategic and operational initiatives. The position will assist with preparing management presentations, dashboards, and predictive metrics as well as lead and influence continuous improvement throughout the business unit and finance teams. This position may coordinate and lead finance projects that support the entire corporation and may have management responsibilities for local or remote finance staff, depending on the business area hired for.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of financial results and consistency with corporate and business unit accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the monthly financial closing process and variance analysis.
- Prepare key strategic and business analysis, key metric tracking, and provide support to the decision-making process.
- Lead the annual budget and strategic planning process, as well as consolidate and analyze the forecast and the corresponding reporting schedules and presentations to ensure they are completed timely.
- Provide proactive business improvement ideas to other team members and company leaders.
- Oversee the various levels of financial analysis completed for the business units supported.
- Oversee cost analysis for new product design and current product re-designs, pricing changes, and special projects.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external resources to ensure that the needs of the business are met and aligned with long term objectives.
- Seek and support continuous improvement and enhanced efficiency by leveraging technology and eliminating unnecessary reporting and processes.
- Develop tools to synthesize data from the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning system into usable information.
- Utilize several different software applications to prepare reports, documents and presentations.
- Provide an in-depth review of sales and gross profit/margin results.
- Demonstrate above average understanding of working capital management to influence areas for improvement.
- Demonstrate above average understanding of capital project analysis through knowledge and support of assigned business unit(s)
- Demonstrate above average understanding of processes and controls across finance and related supporting systems. Review new business opportunities and work with sales organization to develop related pricing and programs.
- May have management responsibilities for local or remote finance staff within the business units being supported.
- Ensure sound and healthy internal control environment is in place including capital spending control, working capital management, and assets safeguard.
- Analyze and monitor key performance metrics to ensure achievement of annual budget and optimization of financial results. Provide proactive suggestions on how to improve the profitability of the business.
- Lead and influence continuous improvement throughout the business units and finance teams.
- May coordinate and lead finance project supporting entire corporation.
- Work requires a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regular four-year college program in Finance, Accounting, or other related field.
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive financial/accounting experience required.
- Manufacturing knowledge and/or progressive experience is required.
- Above average ERP (SAP preferred) and Excel experience, including strong modeling required.
- Moderate to extensive analytical and problem solving ability required.
- Demonstrated above average skills in budgeting, forecasting, analysis and cash flow understanding.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work through personal initiative.
- Work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented to handle in-depth, special projects.
- Ability to successfully communicate/gain cooperation with all levels of management and support personnel within a manufacturing environment.
- Prior management experience is a plus.