A Brand That's What's Now
Express is the sexy, sophisticated lifestyle fashion brand for every occasion: work, weekends, or nights on the town. Our brand is what's new and what's now for young fashion-forward men and women. We have more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as franchise stores in Latin America. We also have a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com that allows our customers to shop whenever and wherever they like.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, casual work environment, and the opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest, most passionate individuals in the fashion business. We're always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
As our Manager in Financial Planning & Analysis, you will prepare and distribute timely and insightful financial analysis of pertinent information to determine progress against strategic plan, budget, forecast, and to support external financial decisions. You will actively interpret and review financial results, including trends/issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses. You will perform analysis that aids in the decision-making process and helps improve profitability, which include scenario analysis. You will monitor monthly progress against budgets/targets and work with managers to ensure accountability; monitor that working capital is efficiently and effectively being used. You will develop and monitor metrics focused on P&L, balance sheet, and free cash flow. You will participate in the business planning process from a financial perspective; generate budgets that incorporate business plan objectives and appropriate assumptions. In addition, you will do all this together with two financial analysts reporting to you.
List the essential and preferred requirements for this job; including years of experience, education, certifications, skills and abilities
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; Advanced degree, CPA or MBA in financepreferred
- Experience: 5-7years of experience in accounting, budgeting and financial analysis; 2-4years manager experience
- Attention to detail in the development of management quality reporting and analytics for executive-level personnel
- Proven strong financial analysis skills; technical corporate finance, accounting, and valuation skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative abilities
- Extreme emphasis on timeliness / accuracy / content of work flow
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to build a powerful team of financial professionals
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to build partnerships across functions
- Strong proficiency with financial analysis tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
Requisition ID 2017-1885