This position will be responsible for supporting the Assistant Controller team and working with other Company functions to complete tasks related to the financial close and external reporting process. This position will be a key enabler in the team’s efforts to drive operational efficiency, increase analytics and deliver timely and accurate financial information to internal and external constituencies. Responsibilities include accounting/reporting for the Company’s debt instruments, providing information for the 10-Q/10-K reports, coordinating the team’s SOX requirements, and performing other ad-hoc tasks as required.
This role will require understanding and experience with technical US GAAP accounting and SEC reporting requirements, financial close processes, and SOX requirements. This role also requires the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate across various functions of the Company including FP&A, Shared Services, Market Finance, HR, and Legal.
1. Financial Close Process:
- Responsible for preparing, posting, and reviewing monthly interest exp and accrued interest for all debt instruments.
- Responsible for managing $3.6 billion of debt balance and maintain accurate and timely summary for all debt instruments.
- Responsible for preparing the Company’s monthly, quarterly, annual cash flow statements for Revlon, Inc. (consolidated) and Revlon Consumer Products Company (“RCPC”) (may include other entities as ad-hoc requested) for both SEC and covenant compliance. Adhere to established, tight timelines with the high-quality output throughout the process. Drive consistency and accuracy in outputs to increase efficiency, facilitate a review, awareness of expectations, and identify impediments to improving the quality and speed of the processes. Interface with the proper other departments to obtain/confirm data in the statements (e.g. Treasury, FP&A, local markets/single consolidating entities).
- Responsible for maintaining internal control over debt roll forward schedules and reconcile to the consolidation system (HFM)
- Responsible for balance sheet analytics to drive a better understanding of key drivers and improved controls
2. External Reporting:
- Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing assigned sections of the Company’s Form 10-Q’s and 10-K’s: mainly debt and liquidity activities, updating the pre-draft template for known new information, drafting footnotes and disclosure, obtaining support from other Departments (Legal, Tax, FP&A, general accountants and managers/directors at local markets and subsidiaries, etc.), updating numbers, checking consistency and reasonableness against the support and known trends.
- Responsible for obtaining and aggregating the information for specific 10-Q and 10-K disclosure including but not limited to:
- Cash flow statement
- Debt activities
- Related Parties
- Guarantors’ Financial Statements
3. Coordination with External Auditors:
- Conduct proactive, in-depth discussions about data required by the Auditors and manage the timely preparation/delivery / follow up of those data needs (PBC List).
- Assist with reconciling issues and/or coordinate requests for additional information by interfacing with other Company Departments and/or local markets/subsidiaries.
- Assist in updating the list of non-GAAP policies and obtaining related support from other departments, local markets/subsidiaries.
4. Coordination of the Department’s Internal Control Activities:
- Ensure all debt activities and tasks for internal control purposes assigned to duties performed by the reporting group are in full compliance with the internal control matrices and risks are adequately addressed and activities properly documented.
- Prepare and provide support due from the external reporting group as needed.
5. Liaison with other Company’s Departments and Other Resources (including external consultants):
- FP&A: Provide the Revlon, Inc cash flow statement and debt roll forward monthly. Obtain the latest forecast and/or growth rate assumptions for impairment assessment, as needed.
- provide draft 10-K and 10-Q templates and obtain completion of relevant sections and Treasury / debt-related disclosures;
- provide monthly RCPC cash flow statement (confirm restricted cash amount monthly);
- provide quarterly Guarantor cash flow file for lenders on filing date;
- obtain interest rates to be applied on leases, when applicable.
- Legal: Manage the Department's contribution to specific sections of the 10-Q and 10-K such as debt, business description, contingencies, exhibits, patents/trademarks/proprietary technology, risk factors, etc.
7. HFM System: Responsible for: pulling the roll forwards or reports to support the cash flow statement and footnotes specifically for restructuring, PP&E and leases; reconciling the Z-Pack generated by Consolidation to the 10-Q and 10-K financial statements and disclosures.
8. Wdesk System: Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing the Company’s Form 10-Q’s and 10-K’s: rolling forward previous periods 10-Q/10-K in Wdesk and reviewing for any inconsistencies within the document.
9. MR Planning/ Essbase System: Responsible for pulling the latest figures using parameters confirmed with FP&A Dept. for the impairment process (i.e. Actuals, Forecast, Budget) to generate the P&L and Balance sheet by reporting unit and overall Company projections on a brand and reporting unit level.
10. Special Projects / Ad-hoc Support / Analysis: Execute high-quality and timely analysis/support as required. Provide support as required to local markets/subsidiaries, Treasury, Executive Staff, External Consultants (Protiviti, etc.), Legal, Tax, and other functional areas. Responsible for preparing various documents for Parent Company, M&F, such as net sales by Country, 10-K reporting package, etc.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong finance and accounting background – US GAAP, technical accounting, SEC/external reporting regulations, consolidations Strong knowledge of SOX and internal control requirements
- Excellent technical skills – Strong working knowledge of financial reporting systems (preferably HFM, W-Desk, SAP)
- Experience with management reporting and financial analysis at corporate or divisional level Strong administrative, organization, communication, and collaboration skills
- Detail-oriented, yet the ability to think broadly/ “out of the box”
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
Education and Experience Required:
- BS/BA in Finance / Accounting; CPA required; public accounting experience and/or master’s degree preferred
- 5+ Years of Experience