Performs financial analysis, prepares forecast reports, prepares variance analysis reports, reviews journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, and assists with preparation of company capital, revenue, and expense budgets. Interfaces with external and internal auditors as needed. Provide accounting guidance and ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls. Provide support as needed for regulatory rate proceedings. Work collaboratively with staff and coworkers to plan and deliver accounting and finance solutions.
- Prepare annual revenue and expense budget
- Prepare annual capital plan
- Prepare 20yearforecasting model
- Provide support to Regulatory Department for rate case preparation, filings, and data responses
- Provide detailed sales information to internal and external users
- Establishes and maintains functional area policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with Corporate Accounting policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements
- Keeps abreast of current developments in accounting requirements to ensure appropriate financial statement disclosures.
- Directs the design, implementation and maintenance of various computer applications to support financialreporting requirements.
- Manages a team of Finance employees
- Special/other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with 10 years progressively responsibleexperience in accounting and finance and five years of senior management required.
- Experience in the public utility sector will be strongly considered.
- Strong knowledge of principles of utility accounting, finance and management accounting required.
- Demonstrated experience with assisting customer billing and credit department with resolving transactions impacting customer accounts receivable
- Prior management experience with proven leadership, staff development, team building skills, motivating, coaching and performance management for both direct and indirect staff required.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional presentation and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to provide strategic solutions to complex problems required.
- Ability to manage and the completion of meeting deadlines and ensure staff understands priorities, level of effort and time constraints collaboration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) particularly in Excel required. Great Plains a plus.
- Flexible with traveling within US & Canada required.
- Valid driver’s license required.