The Manager, Finance will be responsible for managing and overseeing general accounting functions. This position will be responsible for managing the Actelion US accounting department with an emphasis on closing the financial books, financial reporting and maintaining effective internal controls.
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs a variety of routine and complex professional and technical accounting and finance functions in maintaining the fiscal records, tools, systems and processes of the company.
- Provide accounting and finance leadership to the accounting team, and will perform special accounting projects as required.
- Key contributor to the financial systems integration as part of the overall Actelion integration plan
Candidate Qualifications & Requirements
This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience in accounting and finance; equivalent combination of advanced degree and less experience may be considered.
- Computer skills: Functional experience with an ERP; proficiency in MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Major in accounting or Finance
- MBA, CPA or CMA
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent investigational, analytical skills and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate in an effective, concise manner
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skill
- Self-motivated team player
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead projects
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to solve problems and implement process improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated influencing skills and excellent verbal and written communications
- Collaborative team player with ability to facilitate processes and to hold others accountable
- Able to communicate effectively with all employees and proven track record of interacting with executive management.