Who You Are...
Big things are happening with the Hootsuite brand and we need a confident, egoless lead filmmaker with passion, grit and determination to help push our brand forward.
As a key member of Hootsuite’s global brand team, you will play a creative leadership role in developing and producing Hootsuite’s video content. The range of creative territory and opportunity is vast. As a creative professional who’s highly confident working across different mediums, you’ll lead video projects supporting product launches, education and training, documentary-style case studies, global campaign spots and more that will be seen by millions of Hootsuite’s customers, prospects, partners, employees and social followers. You’ll manage a team of direct reports, providing coaching, guidance and direction that helps them succeed. You’re not afraid to get in the weeds with our talented team, always available for in the moment feedback and collaboration.
You have 5+ years of experience as a video producer working with creative directors, editors, cinematographers, writers, music composers, motion designers, compositors, animators and other key members of the production and post-production team. Ideally you have some experience working in the fast-paced and entrepreneurial high tech / Software-as-a-Service space.
You possess a strong network of freelancers and trusted production shops who are able to assist in a variety of budgeted video productions from animation to live action. You’ve led teams and thrive in roles where you get to both produce award-winning creative, and coach, develop and mentor others to produce award-winning creative.
All applicants must provide a professional quality reel of work they have either directed or produced, as well as 3 script writing samples from commercial or corporate projects.
You’re Great At...
- Combining conceptual thinking and filmmaking expertise to deliver compelling film content
- Partnering with stakeholders throughout marketing to deliver exceptional creative in line with the organization’s brand strategy, creative vision, direction, and brand guidelines
- Perfectly marrying the power of storytelling with a thoughtful creative vision that’s always customer-centric
- Developing creative film and animation campaigns to bring the Hootsuite brand to life
- Partnering with the Creative Lead, UX Lead, Design Lead and Content Lead to inspire out-of-the-box, high quality creative that delivers against business objectives/goals
- Supporting other film team members through discussion and collaboration
- Producing video for a wide range of formats and social channels
- Coaching, developing and mentoring the video team
- Successfully work withinternal stakeholders
- Strong video editing skills and experienceworking with Adobe Premiere & After Effects
- In-depth knowledge of animation and motion design, with a strong focus on 2D animation
- Strong cinematography and lighting skills
- Presented your ideas via storyboards (photo or drawn)
- Used various methods of pre-visualization to communicate ideas effectively
- Experience writing short scripts in different voices and tone from corporate professional to comedy
- Interest in following the latest trends in digital video production and post-production
- Experience managing a team of creative collaborators including videographers, editors, and animators/motion graphic designers
- Experience managing small to medium sized production budgets and quarterly spends
- Experience working with acting talent and knowledge of crafting and conducting powerful interviews on camera
- Degree or diploma in film or animation, or portfolio demonstrating equivalent work experience with excellence in filmmaking and animation
- Ability to give your storytelling decisions meaning through strong conceptual thinking
- Used data and insights to make better content
- Understanding advertising, design, and creative principles
- Multi-tasking ability and can work under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Experience in a high tech or Software-as-a-Service Marketing environment
- Digital Illustration skills a plus
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.