Responsible for managing the front line technical support activity for Professional Imaging customers to ensure customer service levels are achieved and resolving escalated customer relations issues.
In addition to the following Epson's policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Dispatches service events, monitors status, and reports on daily, weekly and monthly field service activity while optimizing customer service levels.
- Monitors service events and field technician activities to ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Ensures dispatches are sent to qualified, available techs ensuring a cost effective and balance work schedule.
- Ensures accurate data is captured and available for reporting.
- Resolves escalated customer relations issues and escalated field technician issues.
- Escalates customer calls and correspondence to manager as appropriate.
- Escalates product issues to functional management and/or appropriate department.
- Analyzes data (KPI) and creates reports on daily and monthly service metrics to identify department productivity and activity trends:Makes modifications and/or recommendations to management based on analysis.
- Prepares ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested by management.
- Maintains expert knowledge of product specifications, operations, and target markets (e.g., pre-press, photo, etc.)
- Collaborates with Representatives, Customer Relations and Advanced Product Support on escalated technical issues
- Responsible for hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing group/department personnel.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to team members
- Advises management and provides recommendations on personnel and problem issues (that require escalation)
- Builds strong relationships with peers and Senior Managers to best meet company goals and objectives
- Manages and leverages relationships with vendors for a specific product/service (best price, best product, etc)
- Maintains professional relationships with peers in other corporations and outside organizations
- Operates within budgetary constraints, participates in the development of annual budget forecasts; participates in updating and reconciling operating and budget plans as required
- Develops and maintains written departmental standards and procedures
- Directly contributes to development of tactical and annual operating plans, defining goals and objectives for the group
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-8 years experience in advanced product support, preferably in the printing industry managing and supporting commerical and industrial printing products
- Completion of an undergraduate program or equivalent experience (B.A. or B.S.)
- 1-3 years supervisory experience