The role is responsible for the planning, communication and execution of our On-Premise objectives with our distributor partners and the trade in an assigned territory. The Manager will ensure we are achieving our fair share of business, growth and awareness in this important channel of business through regular interaction, account calls, training and education.
Sales Planning and Program Development
- In partnership with the GSM and Regional Manager, develop and conduct assigned distributor team plans, periodic team reviews, market surveys, competitive pricing surveys, and general sales meetings with distributor partners.
- Provide GSM and Regional Manager with market intelligence and recommendations for effective planning or programming.
- Execute new product launches.
- Manage merchandising pre-plan.
Execution and Communication of Sales Objectives
- Communicate all necessary information and brand education on Constellation Brands programs, strategies and standards to distributor sales team in order to achieve depletion and distribution goals.
- Establish sales presence in the market and conduct regular distributor market work-withs to ensure Constellation Brands brand priority and initiatives are maintained.
- Implement sales performance measures and targets using the Constellation Brands CORE brand priorities with distributors while assisting in achieving expected results.
In Market Training and Relationship Development
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with individual restaurants and buyers.
- Leverage relationships to explore business opportunities.
- Work with, coach and educate restaurant staff members and distributors on Constellation Brands brand priorities and standards.
- Provide product education sessions to wait staff, retailers, and other customers
- Partner with Trade Marketing to understand brand health and needs.
Administration and Analysis
- Provide feedback to Regional Manager on market issues: opportunities, changes, distributor issues and competitive activity.
- Work with Sales Operations Manager (SOM) to develop action plans for business opportunities through the use of strategic insights and as applicable leverage distributor sales data.
- Conduct post-promotional analysis in conjunction with SOM (as applicable).
- Conduct and report weekly progress checks of distributor performance for your assigned area.
- Insure required reports and T&E are turned in timely and as necessary.
- Regularly utilize internal tools such as Compass and Chatter to communicate business updates.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years related experience.
- Program and budget development, implementation, management and strategic decision making experience.
- Demonstrated ability in customer management within specific territory.
- Keen understanding of the three-tier distribution system.
- Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others to manage business effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, articulate with strong public speaking ability/experience and excellent writing skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Alcohol & Beverage industry highly preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plan/train as needed
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location New York City, New York
Job Type Full time
Job Area Sales
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).