The Field Applications Manager is responsible for overseeing customer-oriented needs. This individual will build, develop and maintain high performing teams while ensuring process standardization and improvement. The manager will be responsible for management of field applications scientists in the district to train customers purchasing Illumina products, troubleshoot issues, and be a conduit for the voice of customer. This individual will manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and work closely with a district sales and field service manager to achieve established goals and targets.
- Hire, develop, and maintain Field Applications Scientists to deliver personable, responsive support with high technical expertise, to our customers
- Coordinate and provide training to staff on Illumina products, problem solving skills, and customer service skills
- Meet or exceed established goals by utilizing best practice leadership and management principles.
- Continuous improvement of the customer experience through staff, process, and support tool development
- Motivate and lead the team through performance coaching, career planning, and setting development objectives
- Review customer complaints and track the resolution.
- Ensure the necessary resources and tools are available for a quality customer service delivery.
- Promote high-quality Support processes and communication.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, specialists and other partners to establish district priorities and goals.
- Preferred Experiential Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years' experience in Customer Service/Support.
- In-depth knowledge of Service & Support principles and best practices.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing needs and adapt as necessary to meet new challenges.