The Manager - Fiber Design is responsible for a team of Fiber Design Engineers performing a wide range of activities related to the installation, maintenance and documentation of metropolitan and long haul fiber optic networks. The Manager – Fiber Design will ensure timely completion of team assignments in support of monthly revenue targets and will maintain an on-call schedule to provide 24x7 Fiber Design support for network troubles and outages.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the production of detailed fiber level designs associated with budgeted customer and network projects. Duties include communicating with contractor or internal workforces with oversight for OSP/ISP cable work (line, splice and civil) related to fiber design engineer’s issued scopes of work.
- Supervise Regional Fiber Design staff in the performance of their daily responsibilities. Assign workload, manage team deadlines and commitments, resolve technical and business challenges and effectively handle escalations.
- Ensure fiber optic network and customer services are properly documented in all Crown Castle Fiber designated records and inventory systems and tools.
- Overall responsibilities for material/asset managementassociated with various fiber optic cable and associated hardware used in Crown Castle Fiber’s fiber optic network.
- Develop and train Fiber Design Engineers to use a wide range of industry standard and company specific equipment and systems
- Schedule Fiber Design Engineering resources and participation in Crown Castle Fiber’s emergency response & callout system.
- Develop and submit annual strategic growth and overbuild requirements for budget planning and approval.
- Work closely with all departmental teams ie: NOC, Sales, Network Engineering & Planning, and Crown Castle Fiber customers.
SKILL & ABILITIES
- Position needs to be able to operate in a fast paced customer focused environment handling multiple priorities at a time, delivering quality service to diverse user groups and customers.
- Demonstrate management experience with teams.
- Strong managerial and work coordination skills.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Position must be available for emergency consultations on a 7 X 24 basis.