This position is responsible for the federal tax aspects of the US tax compliance. The position will also include tax accounting, various special assignments on an as needed basis including tax research and documentation, tax data management, and compliance with internal controls.
Major Activities/Key Challenges:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of US federal tax forms including estimates and extensions.
- Review of tax packages and coordinating data flows into the tax returns.
- Participate in compiling tax and financial information for decision making.
- Conduct research on tax issues and prepare written documentation of conclusions.
- Provide support to the tax accounting group on a quarterly basis on relevant tax accounting issues.
- Various special assignments as needed, including:
- Analysis of internal restructurings and external mergers and acquisition activities.
- Gain/Loss calculations and basis studies.
- Assist with state and international tax compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution
- Minimum Five (5) years of corporate income tax experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Master's degree in Taxation, or J.D. from an accredited institution.
- High level of willingness to continue self-education.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft and CorpTax products.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Detail oriented but with an ability to understand and work toward the bigger picture.
- A team player that takes pride in not only the individual's work but the work of the entire group.
- Self-confident and motivated, a self-starter that can work independently with minimal supervision.