Manager, Federal Financial Management
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our Federal Advisory practice.
- Manage a team of professionals delivering financial management advisory services to U.S. Federal government clients
- Provide subject matter technical knowledge in financial management areas of financialreporting, internal controls, and/or financial business systems
- Manage across the project lifecycle including assisting with scope definition, business case development, vendor assessment, requirements gathering, functional and technical design, testing, training, and implementation phases
- Review draft deliverables prepared by engagement teams and present final results to management
- Develop and sustain solid relationships with client personnel and identify opportunities to provide additional services
- Contribute to the development and evolution of methodologies and intellectual capital, including articles, whitepapers, and training efforts
- A minimum of five years of experience in government financial management, focusing on Federal financialreporting and/or auditing in accordance with Office of Management and Budget guidance, Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board standards, and Government Accountability Office Yellow Book
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related discipline from an accredited college/university; MBA or a relevant Master's degree from an accredited university, CPA, and/or CGFM or CDFM certifications preferred
- Experience in the preparation, review, and/or analysis of financial statements for U.S. Federal government entities
- Experience in internal controls, business process analysis, and business systems, and working knowledge of the United States Standard General Ledger and/or SAPexperiencepreferred
- Strong understanding of business processes, project management methodologies, and leading practices
- U.S. citizenship required and the ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time
Requisition #: 32977