$80K — $100K *
§ Retailer Construction and Support Services
- Responsible for day-to-day project management success of all tenant project phases including, but not limited to, planning and design schematics, construction documentation, tenant permitting procedures and tracking, and construction administration.
- Efficiently track and/or manage the scheduling of tenant planning and permit submissions to all applicable local jurisdictional agencies in alignment with Corporate partners
- Represent the Landlord’s interests between the tenant, tenant contractors, local union business agents as applicable, all governing inspection officials, during all phases of design and construction, ensuring the Landlord’s design and construction criteria is implemented as intended.
- Attend recurring action/asset meetings to ensure awareness of all aspects of the shopping center, especially on issues that pertain to tenant’s design and construction.
- Manage the on-site tenant construction / services and coordination working with corporate tenant coordinators, contractors, and city building departments to complete tenant on schedule and according to approved plans in order to expedite rent commencement dates.
- Supervise the schedule of the tenant’s construction to ensure they open on or before the rental commencement date (RCD). Conduct field inspections and meetings with tenants and building inspectors, where necessary.
- Perform detailed punch list inspections throughout the construction of each project and promptly issue a final written copy to the tenant contractor upon the completion of each project. Ensure compliance of all close-out documentation in accordance with Lease terms.
§ Facilities Management
- Responsible for driving and managing all aspects of the aesthetic of the mall and maintaining a consistently high customer experience appropriate for a Flagship location.
- Utilizes the CMMS system, ecoWISE system, Procore, Salesforce, Microsoft Project and other operational platforms to efficiently manage the operations of the center. Responsible for the integrity of information in these systems and databases, and ensuring these tools are fully utilized in the responsible center.
- Project Management
o RFP creation, bid leveling, proposed recommendations, and contract administration
o Responsible for the timely implementation of operational capital projects according to approved budget amounts. Additionally, responsible for the compilation, submittal, approval, closure, and reporting of the center’s operational capital budget items.
o Responsible for managing results-oriented contract services, including bids, negotiation, renewals, payment, supervision and termination. All bids to be always conducted in compliance with company guidelines and with the utmost integrity.
o Responsible for minimizing the utility utilization at the center level, including electricity, natural gas, water, sewer, steam, and other externally provided resources which are critical to the operation of the center in a way that doesn’t compromise the other operational goals of the company.
o Provides on-site support and project management to national initiatives overseen or initiated by the corporate National Operations personnel, including sustainability & energy management.
o Control expenses including negotiating contracts, authorizing expenditures, and reviewing monthly profit and loss statements.
o Participate with the regular reforecasting of the operating budget and preparation of the annual operational and capital budgets.
o Assist the Accounting staff on a regular basis to reconcile utility bills, expenses, and track spending against cash flow to the property budget.
o Review of operating costs and expenses to identify cost savings, efficiencies and economies of scale to reduce spending.
- Third-Party Vendor Management
o Supervises and oversees the janitorial, engineering, and maintenance functions, including walk-throughs, meetings and work orders.
o Responsible for the on-site waste management and recycling program and the center-level relationship with the company’s waste management partner.
- Safety Compliance
o Ensures center compliance with all safety programs at the direction of Risk Management, including OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory requirements. Maintains all State and Federal required reports and safety documentation for the center.
o Maintains all fire and life safety systems according to local code and in a way that protects visitors, shoppers, and employees always while on site at the responsible center.
o Maintains liaison with various city departments on building and safety issues. Resolves municipal issues in a timely manner.
o Provides regular monthly reviews of center incident reports and trends and implements appropriate programs to minimize incidents of risks within the responsible center.
o Holds Monthly Risk Management meetings and follows up on action items.
o Downloads and updates risk management program data from database.
o Support local, regional and National initiatives in achieving Better Places 2030 goals
§ Reduce emissions from operations by 80%-2030
§ Improve Energy Efficiency by 30%-2030
§ Increase on-site renewable energy-2025
§ Zero waste to landfill-2025
§ Climate change risk plan (energy action plan)-2022
- Central Plant Experience (For Select Locations)
o Must possess the necessary technical knowledge to manage this complex building component. Additionally, the staff management requirement at this type of center is larger and includes management of highly skilled employees, management of third-party outsourced personnel, and union involvement. The Director is also expected to manage the Central Plant to include connected mechanical equipment in a fiscally sound manner and must have the business acumen to budget and forecast the plant’s operation and execute to an appropriate return.
o Responsible for maintaining accountability for 3rd party property management obligations (private and public stakeholders).
o Coordinates with onsite logistics manager as it relates to loading dock access/deliveries and screening
o Maintains a responsive open line of communication with the tenants, including handling tenant complaints, operational considerations and regular fire and life safety system.
o Inspects the interior/exterior of the building daily and follows up on any deficiencies noted.
o Coordinates marketing-related requests with appropriate operational departments.
o Assists with emergency planning and response in coordination with other key members of the center-level management team.
o Works directly with regional and corporate managers on regional and national initiatives.
o Manages and oversees any on-site equipment or asset inventory.
o Attends regular regional facilities meetings and national facilities meetings, as required.
General Coordination & Duties
§ Participates in Manager-on-Duty rotation at the direction of the General Manager.
§ Attends weekly staff meeting and daily customer Service (“Style” program) sessions.
§ Attends required training classes and programs, as appropriate.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
§ BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
§ Professional Designations from BOMA-Institute, Institute for Facilities Management (IFM), Institute for Real Estate Management (IREM).
§ 3-7 years’ prior facilities management experience, Construction Project Manager, preferably in a complex retail/commercial/hospitality setting.
§ Thorough knowledge of the operations of a large and expansive shopping center including conformance to budget standards and the day-to-day operation of maintenance, engineering, and housekeeping functions.
§ General familiarity with public area and back of house risk areas of a high-traffic destination shopping center and measures used to reduce risk and maximize the customer experience in these areas.
Valid through: 8/13/2020