JOB SUMMARY: Oversees and manages the Architectural and Engineering design and construction administration effort within a specific area of a project. Also manages the resources, finances, and schedule of that project.
- Attends weekly project meetings. Responsible for the coordination between the Architecture and Engineering vendors and the ride/ show vendors including the development of all preliminary final facility impacts.
- Monitors construction in the field including identifying and resolving discrepancies between the construction and drawings and/or design intent. Participates in the management and response to the various requests for information. Evaluates the Architecture and Engineering vendor’s responses to requests for information and the preparation of modification documents
- Manages the Architecture and Engineering vendors throughout the design and construction phases of the project. Ensures that the creative design intent is maintained during the preparation of design documents by the Architecture and Engineering vendors and other outside parties.
- Develops the design strategy to achieve quality deliverables within the schedule and on the budget. Responsible for the development of a complete cost effective and constructible set of drawings and specificity for the Facility and Architecture/Engineering area of the project. Responsible for reviewing the drawings and specifications to insure that they meet the design intent, the creative appearance and are complete and accurate for construction.
- Responsible for the development of the Architecture and Engineering scope of work / request for proposal documents, the selection and pre-qualification of potential Architecture and Engineering vendors, the response to questions / clarification during the proposal process, the analysis of the proposals and the development of the recommendation for the vendors.
- Prepares the Architecture/Engineering schedule for facility design. Responsible for insuring that the Architecture and Engineering vendors maintain the requiredschedule and meet their milestone delivery dates in a timely manner.
- Prepares weekly and monthly progress reports on the status of the project and other outside Architecture and Engineering design efforts.
- Responsible for managing the Architecture and Engineering vendors contractual obligations including the evaluation of any requests for additional services, the preparation of any directives, the negotiation of all changes and the incorporation of any agreed upon changes into the vendors agreement.
- Bachelor’s degree: Architecture, Engineering, Construction Mgmt, degreerequired.
- 7-10 years’ required Turn-key projects experience, specifically within the entertainment/theme park industry.
- Supervisory and contract/vendor management experience.
- Hand and Computer drawing, and drafting skills required.
- Experience with AUTO CADD, Revit, Sketch Up, Adobe Photoshop, illustrator, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of forecasting and budget allocation techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Familiarity of international (expatriate assignments) is highly desirable; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed Architect or Engineer Required