The Manager, Facility Accounting is responsible for the month-end close process for correctional facilities, supervises accounting personnel and coordinates training of new accounting personnel, completion of various tax filings and contractual reporting requirements for facilities. Responsible for balancing general ledger accounts and reviewing account reconciliations performed by others.
- Supervises support staff in the performance of their duties and evaluates as prescribed by company policy.
- Reconciles various facility balance sheet accounts.
- Assists senior management in detecting and investigating monthly variances in facility income statement accounts.
- Assists in preparing financial statements and heavily involved in reviewing facility budgets and forecasts.
- Manages all business taxes, including preparing sales and use tax returns, gross receipt tax returns as well as unclaimed funds remittances.
- Applies principles of accounting to compile and analyze financial information and prepare financial reports; prepares entries to general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions. Also, reviews facility contracts to understand financial statement impacts.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, budget and other reports to summarize current and projected financial position.
- Prepares or reviews accounts payable packages, accounts payable accruals, check requests, petty cash reimbursements and bank reconciliations for accuracy, quality, reasonableness and adherence to policy and procedures.
- Assigns or verifies the account codes to purchase orders, accounts payable and other types of expenditures or receipts to ensure that financial transactions are allocated to the appropriate account.
- Domestic U.S. travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or university, in Accounting or other acceptable related field.
- Three years of experience in Accounting
- Master's degree in Accounting or a related field may substitute for one year of the required experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced experience in Excel
- Valid driver's license
- Minimum Age Requirement: 18 years old
- MBA or M.Acc.Degree
- 4+ years of overall accounting experience with a strong record of progression
- 2+ years of experience overseeing accounting functions for multiple facilities in multiple geographical locations.
- Accounting supervisory or accounting lead experience in a medium or large for-profit organization
- Experience with JD Edwards or other ERP G/L application