Job Summary This position oversees the operations of large multi-site Facility Management Accounts. Responsibility may include; Plant Operations, Housekeeping, Security, Environmental Safety, Construction and other duties as assigned. This position is responsible for Program Quality Evaluation: CHI PAS –FM financial performance for the multi-site: personal recruitment, training & development: communications/reporting: customer satisfaction with program & personal growth. This position may include any combination of the following attributes:
- Manages single acute care facility of >500,000 SF or 250 beds
- Responsible for two or more hospitals for a single MBO
- Responsible for multiple managers and/or departments such as Construction (larger projects), EVS, Dietary, Transportation, Laundry, Security, etc.
- Functions as part of the Administrative Team for the MBO
- Functions as Safety Officer for the MBO
- Oversees operations of the Facility Management by: conducting monthly department meetings; ensuring that reports are delivered in a timely manner; providing a working environment that meets all regulatory compliance; and completing and maintaining all Key performance indicators.
- Manages budgets, verifies and assures appropriate use of staff, materials, supplies and vendors. Insures that current records of all maintenance procedures are kept as required to meet all applicable codes and standards. Maintain Preventative Maintenance completion rate at or above program targets
- Ensures financial performance of areas managed
- Manages and oversees the recruitment, training and development of staff. This includes holding all necessary staff meetings and education.
- Develops a comprehensive, ongoing communication plan with staff, leadership, and customers.
- Participates in the completion of the annual PQE.
- Ensures continued accreditation ,renewal of licenses, and the absence of litigation and fines by adhering to rules and guidelines set forth by regulatory agencies, as well as The Joint Commission or DNV standards
- Oversees customer satisfaction surveys at least annually.
- Maintains positive working relationships with senior hospital administration.
- Provides professional team and personal growth that meets the needs of the customer and employees.
- Networks with peers to gain innovative ideas and sourcing of information.
- Leads involvement in quality and/or other initiatives within the department
- Actively participates in construction related activities including a primary role in the development and implementation of the Master Facility Plan, as required.
Job Requirements / Qualifications Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- Bachelors’ Degree required with preferred emphasis on Business, Architecture, Engineering and/or Construction. Masters preferred.
- Certification required (CHFM).
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
Experience (required and preferred)
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive leadership experience, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in hospital maintenance/medical equipment operations management.
- Must demonstrate financial and operational management skills.
- Blue print reading, building codes, N.F.P.A.,.O.S.H.A.,The Joint Commission,DNV EOC requirements, policy and procedure development and implementation. Five years in healthcare management, construction management, plant operations, or medical equipment management. Progressive management experience (may have served in lead position or acted in absence of management.) Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Additional Responsibilities:Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
- Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
- Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
- Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
- Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.