Overview of RAND
The RAND Corporation is a research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous. RAND’s research and analysis address issues that impact people everywhere, including security, health, education, sustainability, growth, and development. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, RAND has close to 1,800 people from approximately 50 countries working in offices in North America, Europe, and Australia, with annual revenues of more than $308 million.
RAND is nonprofit, nonpartisan, and committed to the public interest. Our research is sponsored by government agencies, charitable trusts, and community nonprofits. In addition, we rely on philanthropic support to pursue visionary ideas; address critical problems that are under-researched; shape emerging policy debates; and devise innovative approaches for solving acute, complex, or provocative policy challenges. RAND values objectivity and integrity in both its research processes and internal interactions. We emphasize a collegial environment that respects the contributions and dignity of all staff.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Facilities and Real Estate, the Manager Facilities Services and Operations is responsible for managing Facilities and Operations for RAND's Santa Monica office. In addition to providing leadership to the Santa Monica staff, the successful candidate will be a solution-oriented and motivated self-starter who is effective in a collaborative team environment while coordinating efforts across multiple sites to achieve a single-site experience for staff as well as external clients.
- Manages Santa Monica office facilities and assets including capital projects, remodeling and refurbishments, general maintenance, outsourced custodial contracts and contract staff, furniture, interior design, safety, commuter assistance program, sustainability, office moves and changes, and related duties.
- Manages the delivery of office services including Enterprise Helpdesk, occupancy management, staff visitor services, mail shipping and receiving, vending and beverage services, furniture and equipment and records retention.
- Consults with senior staff as well as other corporate leadership to assure alignment of efforts of Santa Monica operations with strategic and operational priorities. Works in close consultation with facilities management colleagues at other RAND sites to align efforts and leverage resources.
- Negotiates professional services and supplies contracts as required.
- Develops and administers objectives, operating policies and procedures, and budgets.
- Implements, monitors, and adjusts service, quality, operating and productivity standards.
- Maintains and reports key metrics and leads formal continuous improvement initiatives and develops services that provide excellent customer service.
- Staff management duties in conjunction with the Senior Manger to include but not limited to staffing, performance management, and strategic planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CFM, CEFP, FMA preferred
- Effective in representing RAND externally with clients, association organization, potential partners and vendors
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, AV technologies, project scheduling applications, BMStechnology, and database analysis highly desirable
- Experience in formal quality programs and training highly desirable
- 10 years progressive related facilities management and supervisory experience
U.S. Citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance. Existing transferrable clearance is preferred.