Job Title: Manager, Facilities & Safety
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Job Type: Regular
DWFritz Automation, founded in 1973, has experienced rapid growth over the last 5years and continues to grow! Since its inception, DWFritz has been producing brilliant automation solutions for our clients. Today, the market demand for automation combined with our world-class practices and cutting-edge technology places DWFritz on a trajectory to becoming a leading provider in the field of automation.
One thing that hasn?t changed at DWFritz is our focus on our core values, such as ?Collaborate and Share the Credit,? a value that is deeply ingrained in how we work together both in our US and China facilities. Our core value ?Find a Better Way? promotes innovation and openness to doing things differently. It?s also the reason we have a company supported incubator program and an in-house lab.
Our World Headquarters operates from a modern, state-of-the-art facility located in Wilsonville, Oregon. Our employees enjoy standing desks, a recreation room, a fitness room, and a hearty oatmeal breakfast to start each day. Our spacious lunch room is the venue for weekly All Staff meetings and our frequent ?Lunch and Learns.?
DWFritz is a wonderful place to work, with unique opportunities to participate in dynamic teams, a strong sense of culture and values, and a growing company. If you are considering a new opportunity we encourage you to check us out.
Your Operations Team at DWFritz
Operations at DWFritz is a multi-functional team driven to deliver world class performance at an expeditious pace, with an ingrained culture of continuous improvement. This team works side by side with all the other functional team members at DWFritz, to deliver world class, high precision automated tools for a very dynamic and diverse top tier customer base, covering multiple industries. The team members work in a very collaborative environment, and are focused on doing what is needed to meet the customer?s needs on time and budget. The environment thrives on an Integrated Product Team culture, addressing dynamic challenges with tactile execution and strategic planning, always focused on finding opportunities for improving operations, finding a better way, and exceeding our customer?s expectations.
The Manager, Safety and Facilities (Manager, SF) is responsible for establishing and maintaining a Safety Risk & Security compliant facility, in addition to providing maintenance and Preventative Maintenance of the corporate facilities in Oregon. The Manager, SF is also responsible to arrange internal office moves and oversee general maintenance of the facilities. The position is responsible for all Health Safety & Environmental (HS&E) compliance and the associated Risk assessments, plus ensure our facility Security requirements are properly implemented, monitored and maintained.
- Supervises and coordinates overall safety and facility-related administrative activities for the company in its Oregon locations, including:
- Develops, and establishes a compliant Health, Safety & Environmental (HS&E) program that capitalizes on best business practices
- Develops and manages facilities and HS&E budget, working withfinance, accounting and the talent development leadership.
- Provides leadership, direction and day-to-day management to small team. Makes staffing recommendations (for temporary and regular resources) and manages employee performance.
- Negotiates the purchase of facilities supplies, furniture, office equipment, etc. for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary guidelines.
- Informs management of facility?s status by preparing periodic building reports.
- Coordinating with government entities to meet the Safety, Health & Environmental requirements.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of general office facilities, break areas, etc. including day-to-day operations (i.e. recycling, changing light bulbs, heat problems, water problems, etc.).
- Manages building and facilities issues including repair and maintenance service provider contracts and service legal agreements.
- Coordinates building enhancements and renovations by evaluating facility needs, obtaining construction bids, and overseeing work performed by staff, vendors and contractors.
- Ensures facility Security requirements are maintained by managing, executing, and coordinating all general office controls and maintenance (i.e. security system and badge access/deactivation, visitor log audits, parking space audits, etc.) in coordination with the appropriate departments.
- Other miscellaneous related Safety, Facility, Security & Risk duties, as assigned.
- Ensures all facility and HS&E-related compliance programs are implemented and executed, including:
- Develops the risk management process, including documenting, reviewing and updating safety programs and protocols on a regular basis; contributes in the preparation of internal riskreports.
- Monitors security systems and compliance. Develops, delivers, maintains and monitors security controls to align with best practices, policies and standards.
- Serves as the facility emergency response coordinator, including facilitating, implementing and executing evacuation plans, disaster response plans, safety training and programs, building-related inspection programs and maintenance, reporting floor plans, recycling, etc. as and when applicable.
- Leads, coaches, and effectively utilizes the Safety Committee
- Manages and facilitates safety-related trainings, such as forklift training and certification, MSDS sheets, hazardous material training, lockout/tag-out (LOTO), etc.
- Implements and provides input into development of safety policies and procedures to support a reduced risk environment, and pro-actively identifies safety-related issues and proposes solutions to management.
- Responsible for meeting all requirements related to State and Federal OSHA safety, environmental regulations, MSDS sheets, etc. including maintaining up-to-date records for all State, Federal and insurance semi-annual and annual inspections.
- Other miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
- Proven leadership, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Manages time and priorities appropriately and able to adjust with short notice.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work well with employees of all levels.
- Strong budget-creation and management skills.
- Ability to stay calm in times of stress and high activity.
- Effective problem-solving capabilities with effective communication of decisions.
- Proficiency in MS Office
Your Education and Experience
- Associate?s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor?s or advanced degreepreferred
- 7-10 years of experience managing corporate facilities
- 3-5years of experience managing/supervising direct reports
- 7-10 years of office management experience
- 7-10 years of direct interaction with facility vendors and negotiation of pricing and contracts
- 10 + years of experience maintaining the necessary & appropriate HS&E records.
- Strong technical proficiency with computer applications, including the MS Office Suite
- Security and Access Management
- HVAC, OSHA, MSDS, HS&E
For Recruiting Agencies:
DWFritz Automation accepts resumes only from our list of approved agencies. Please do not forward resumes to DWFritz employees. DWFritz Automation is not responsible for any recruiting fees associated with the submittals of unsolicited resumes.