Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center provides Las Vegas and the Southwest region with high quality, advanced healthcare services. Sunrise Hospital is the largest acute care facility in Nevada. Sharing the same campus as Sunrise Children's Hospital, Nevada's largest most comprehensive children's hospital.
This is a Full Time, No Weekends, Facilities/ Plant Operations Leadership
position. Job Summary:
Assists the Director in managing the operations of the Engineering Department and future planning of the healthcare facility; and establishes procedures for maintenance, repair and/or replacement of the healthcare facility, grounds and systems equipment. Provides management and overview of the facility's fire, equipment management, and life safety programs in order to ensure regulatory compliance. Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not intended to be all inclusive but rather to indicate the primary emphasis of the job and establish the parameters for the necessary skill, effort, responsibility and working conditions that make up the job.
- Assists the Director in the inspection of facilities for regulatory compliance.
- Assesses and monitors facility repairs and offers cost effective recommendations to the Director.
- Plans, develops and prioritizes projects and; ensures that materials are ordered, projects are designed and planned, and monies are available.
- Plans work/staff schedules; evaluates and monitors projects with regard to progress and costs.
- Coordinates and monitors status of work orders.
- Maintains current knowledge in the field of facilities management/maintenance;
- establishes, implements and updates facility related policies and procedures; complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations; follows all safety precautions.
- Ensures compliance with applicable building and life safety codes.
- Monitors emergencies, including equipment breakdowns, malfunctions and alarm calls.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of the campus fire alarm systems and fire protection systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes 166 hospitals and 114 outpatient centers in 20 states and England. At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. HCA Far West
As part of a strong network of hospitals throughout California and Nevada, HCA Far West is committed to supporting its healthcare professionals and ensuring their growth.
Our exclusive and specialty medical services in nine hospitals and six surgical centers throughout two states, provides a full spectrum of primary, acute, tertiary and chronic care for our patients. Our specialized care areas focus on advancing the science of medicine while providing high quality, life-saving technology and patient-focused care.Qualifications:
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field; three years of related experience including three years of supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of all phases of physical plant operation, maintenance and repair, planning, scheduling, management and administration of the plant. Federal, state, and local regulation safety practices; record keeping and report writing experience preferred.
Technical knowledge and skills in working with air-conditioning and heating systems.
Knowledge and experience with state and local safety, fire, and construction; an understanding of blueprints and building codes; experience developing cost estimates and budgets.
Ability to communicate effectively, utilizing interpersonal skills to maintain effective relationships with other hospital staff, administration and the public.
Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in presenting ideas and concepts both in verbal and written form.
General management and organizational skills necessary to administer large and diverse department.
Flexibility and ability to cope with several tasks simultaneously are required.
Computer literate in Windows environment.
Must be physically and mentally fit to respond to emergency situations.