Responsible for the daily operation of the department to include preventive maintenance tasks and assignments, work requests and assignments, and multiple tasks involving a variety of services provided by the department.
- Determines the qualifications and competence of departmental personnel who provide services.
- Participates in the selection, management and quality control of outside contractors and vendors.
- Maintains appropriate resource materials and makes them readily accessible to department staff.
- Identifies potential operational issues and addresses them proactively.
- Coordinates the repair of equipment or recommends replacement.
- Familiar with and able to instruct others in the service and maintenance of equipment and facilities systems.
- Identifies savings opportunities and revenue enhancements that add value to departmental or