Are you ready to take the next step in your career and utilize your demonstrated leadership skills? Do you have a passion for leading a team in maintenance management? If so, bring your proven competences in initiation, judgement and problem solving to this challenging role located in the Chilliwack, BC.
In this role you will provide support to Clinical leadership as a member of the site management team, whereby you will act as the Facilities Management subject matter expert providing advice on site infra-structure issues pertaining to the advancement of the campus clinical mission. You will report to the Director of Facilities Maintenance & Operations.
Build on your education and career experience as you:
- Establish and implement department goals, objectives and operational requirements consistent with the Organizations’ strategic and operational objectives; review current operations and develop appropriate systems and processes to ensure effective and efficient facilities operations.
- Develop and implement the annual operating and capital budget for the assigned site (s); monitor expenditures, variance analysis and reporting; and take corrective actions.
- Manage the recruitment, supervision, mentoring and professional development of assigned staff and contract employees.
- Investigate work and/or staff performance issues and initiates disciplinary action; participate in grievance process and other labour relation matters including Step 3 grievances, labour/management meetings and essential service designation processes.
- Oversee the development and continuous improvement of maintenance programs and appropriate use of the computerized maintenance management system.
- Procure, manage and monitor performance of external service providers vis a vis terms of reference and contractual agreements.
- Manage assigned construction, renovation and/or maintenance projects, including liaison with stakeholders and coordination of staff, consultants and contractor activities to ensure project requirements are met and impacts to facilities are minimized.
Are you motivated to join our team? We will be looking for you to have the following:
- A diploma or certificate level training in an engineering/technical field supplemented
- Five (5) to seven (7) years' recent, related progressive supervisory and management experience in a large, complex unionized environment
We will give preference to those that have:
- Good interpersonal skills, able to clearly and concisely articulate information with the ability to frame it according to the receiving target audience.
- Possess good technical writing abilities.
- Dexterity in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of business applications and possess knowledge of business finances in a facilities management environment
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of experts in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.