Assists the Director in managing the operations of the Engineering Department and future planning of the healthcare facility; and establishes procedures for maintenance, repair and/or replacement of the healthcare facility, grounds and systems equipment. Provides management and overview of the facility’s fire, equipment management, and life safety programs in order to ensure regulatory compliance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field; three years of
related experience including three years of supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination
of education and experience.
• Knowledge of all phases of physical plant operation, maintenance and repair, planning,
scheduling, management and administration of the plant. Federal, state, and local regulation
safety practices; record keeping and report writing experiencepreferred.
• Technical knowledge and skills in working with air-conditioning and heating systems.
• Knowledge and experience with state and local safety, fire, and construction; an understanding of blueprints and building codes; experience developing cost estimates and budgets.
• Ability to communicate effectively, utilizing interpersonal skills to maintain effective
relationships with other hospital staff, administration and the public.
• Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in presenting ideas and concepts both in verbal
and written form.
• General management and organizational skills necessary to administer large and diverse
• Flexibility and ability to cope with several tasks simultaneously are required.
• Computer literate in Windows environment.
• Must be physically and mentally fit to respond to emergency situations.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not intended to be all inclusive but rather to indicate the primary emphasis of the job and establish the parameters for the necessary skill, effort, responsibility and working conditions that make up the job.
• Assists the Director in the inspection of facilities for regulatory compliance.
• Assesses and monitors facility repairs and offers cost effective recommendations to the Director.
• Plans, develops and prioritizes projects and; ensures that materials are ordered, projects are designed and planned, and monies are available.
• Plans work/staff schedules; evaluates and monitors projects with regard to progress and costs.
• Coordinates and monitors status of work orders.
• Maintains current knowledge in the field of facilities management/maintenance;
establishes, implements and updates facility related policies and procedures; complies
with federal, state and local laws and regulations; follows all safety precautions.
• Ensures compliance with applicable building and life safety codes.
• Monitors emergencies, including equipment breakdowns, malfunctions and alarm calls.
• Responsible for the maintenance and operation of the campus fire alarm systems and fire