Manager Facilities Engineering - Plumbing and Machine
Supervises facilities employees and provides leadership, orientation, training, coaching and mentoring to assigned employees assigned within Cleveland Clinic Main Campus facility shops OR Cleveland Clinic regional hospitals. Oversees installation, inspections, repairs, trouble shooting and daily maintenance of buildings, infrastructures, facility equipment and grounds in the respective facilities skilled trade. Communicates and coordinates facilities work utilizing our CMMS, various departments and contractors. Supports system-wide initiatives and provides trade expertise.
- Maintains basic knowledge of applicable statutory, regulatory and administrative requirements relative to departmental operations and ensures departmental compliance.
- Is responsible for the safe and continuous operation of the assigned facilities shop/trade including Preventative Maintenance, Operation and testing in accordance with state laws, applicable codes and policies.
- Develops Preventative Maintenance needed for maintaining building systems and trade standards/specifications.
- Establishes systems and processes to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented employees.
- Creates a work environment where people can realize their full potential in order to meet current and future clinical and business challenges.
- Through coaching and mentoring provides ongoing performance feedback to assigned employees.
- Accountable for staffing and capacity planning for the assigned shop/trade.
- Focuses and guides assigned employees in accomplishing work objectives; holding high expectations for self and others.
- Develops and initiates training and operating procedures for respective shop and ensures staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures and protocols.
- Performs quality assurance reviews of work completed by assigned employees.
- Analyzes problems and coordinates work plans with other departments as appropriate.
- Accountable for the development and monitoring of, and compliance with, the departmental budget, including capital, operating and constructionbudgets.
- Manages current expenses in a responsible manner. Reviews inventory of equipment and materials and initiates purchase requisitions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of apprenticeship trade or vocational school or knowledge obtained through four years of on-the-job training experience in the appropriate area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering or related field.
- An additional four years of supervisory or managerial experience may offset degree requirement.
- Master license and other licenses required as appropriate for trade.
- Membership in professional trade organization preferred.
- Four years experience as a fully qualified tradesperson or technician in respective area of responsibility (i.e. electrical, plumbing).
- Two years of previous supervisory or managerial experience or demonstration of formal education in business mgmt. preferred.
- Ability to work with employees, interdepartmental teams, and organizational leadership across the enterprise to effectively complete goals.
- Typical physical demands require full body motion including ability to perform work while bending, stooping, stretching, climbing ladders; requires dexterity and strength sufficient to operate required tools and machinery; typically required to lift and carry machinery and/or equipment weighing 25 to 100 lbs. and/or assist with lifting weights exceeding 100 lbs.
- Requires color acuity sufficient to distinguish color coded wiring and piping.