At Cogeco, our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
The successful candidate is responsible for the effective management, life safety and physical security of Cogeco facilities and non Headend property leases in the Ontario Division. Ensures compliance of federal, provincial and municipal regulations while maintaining efficient operations. Ensures goods and services are purchased related to the maintenance and development needs of Cogeco facilities. Responsible for facilities maintenance, staff and contractors as well as coordinating environmental management requirements. The incumbent also develops and reports on performance indicators for the Cogeco facilities as well as recommends and implements measures of cost reduction initiatives.
- Manages a team of facility personnel including contractors and support services.
- Creates and maintains records in a central database of facilities contracts, leases and costs, HVAC inventory and activities throughout the Division to enable the development of an accurate forecasting model.
- Coordinates the collection of information from the divisions and assists with the implementation of approved facilities related initiatives. This also includes the tracking, analysing and reporting of the results of each initiative.
- Develops annual departmental operating and capital budgets and forecasts to ensure alignment with Cogeco strategic direction and monitors results.
- Works with procurement to ensure that leases are negotiated in line with business needs and supports recommendation for approval leases and contracts associated with facilities, property, and related maintenance activities. Manages the daily requirements for facility contracts with vendors.
- Acts as Emergency Response Coordinator for both Syscon Road facilities and as the Management representative on the Syscon Workplace Health & Safety Committee ensuring compliance to Labour Canada as well as a participant on the Ontario Green Cttee.
- Manages capital projects related to facility expansion, renovation and enhancement including preparation of budget, project plan, status reports and related purchase requests.
- Manage Recall document storage and destruction for Ontario
- Manage, monitor and log HVAC Halocarbon activity through every HVAC vendor in Ontario ensuring compliance with Environment Canada.
- Administers and monitors UPS and KW consumption loads on Burlington facilities and critical Data rooms with reports for corrective actions or recommendations as required.
- Manage required testing and inspections of generators in compliance with CSA and TSSA standards for the province of Ontario
- Conduct annual Environmental and Structural Audit of facilities in Ontario with report and required repairs for Cogeco’s board of directors.
- Responsible to apply, design, audit, provide KPI’s and enforce under (CSR) Corporate Social Responsibility compliance of Environment and Energy management procedure for Burlington.
- Responsible in assisting to create and maintain compliance for pesticide, water conservation, construction and waste, water conservation and diversion and WHMIS procedure management under BOMA requirements.
- Manages physical premises security for access and alarm codes for Ontario
- Liaises with System managers regarding local maintenance and facility issues and provides support and recommendations as required.
- Develops and maintains forms, bulletins and related communications related to facilities.
- Incumbent must develop and set annual objectives for employees under his/her supervision to manage, motivate and evaluate based on operational requirements and administered under the Performance Management Process.
- Develops, provides input to, and implements policies and procedures for facilities administration.
- Manages and is accountable for the Health and Safety of direct reports in accordance with Cogeco’s Health and Safety Manual, the Canadian Labour Code and the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act for Burlington facilities. Provides on-going support and advice to the Manager of Human Resources and Health & Safety to ensure Cogeco meets all due diligence requirements. For a complete outline of responsibilities see Cogeco’s Health and Safety Manual.
- Responds to concerns and issues raised by employees and management (internal customers) regarding day-to-day environmental (HVAC) and (BAS) maintenance and property issues, and provides solutions in a timely manner throughout Ontario facilities.
- Ensures that Cogeco facilities experienced by both internal and external customers, both current and potential, enhances the corporate marketing and public relations image. The incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to the required needs and assist in the resolution in a timely and professional manner while ensuring the solution meets the customer’s needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Certification in Building Environmental Systems Facility Management or Property Administration is an asset.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in facility or property administration.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at a management level.
- Experience managing more than one site or system, would be an asset.
- Proven understanding and knowledge of relevant Federal and Provincial legislation including but not limited to: Canada Labour Code, Employment Standards, Human Rights, Privacy Act, Pay Equity, WSIB and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence business partners, and be assertive when resolving contract execution issues.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications at an intermediate level (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Google Docs), is required.
- Demonstrated problem solving, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills within a culturally diverse multi-location work environment.
- High level of integrative analytical skills both numeric and non-numeric.
- Working knowledge of financial systems and associated software programs and reporting functionalities.
- General understanding of the cable communication industry and its equipment would be an asset.
- Project management experience.
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to compile and prepare data into logical reports, briefings, and recommendations for internal and external use, are required. So too, are demonstrated oral and multimedia presentation skills.
- Experienced in effectively coordinating multiple projects, executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently while working with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in the field of plant and systems operations, facilities management and/or construction, HVACs, plumbing, electrical, and UPS systems.
- Knowledge of Ontario Building code (OBC), Ontario Fire code (OFC), Occupational Health and Safety Act, Canadian safety association (CSA) and Electrical Safety Authority (ESA).
- Proven experience negotiating real estate leases, contracts and working with real estate, property management and legal documents.
- Demonstrated leadership, people management and teamwork skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a perspective that is detail oriented, focused on accuracy and thoroughness.
- Solid interpersonal skills with a winning customer service attitude and high level of professionalism when dealing with problems and complaints.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently, and to monitor own work quality.
- Proven planning skills with the ability to “think outside the box” and see the “big picture” impact of decisions/actions.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and use discretion with highly confidential materials.
- Ability to anticipate and manage change would be an asset.
- Experience in managing operations and maintenance teams consisting of skilled trades including electricians, building operators and general maintenance workers.
You’ll benefit from:
- Flexibility: yes, we think that what you do matters. At work and at home.
- Fun: we laugh a lot, it makes every day brighter.
- Discounted services: we provide amazing services to our clients, and you’ll get them at home, because you deserve them.
- Rewarding Pay: let’s be honest, everybody likes to make a good salary. We offer attractive compensation packages, and it comes with a great culture.
- Benefits: we’ve got you covered.
- Career Evolution: join us and we will give you the tools to achieve your career goals!
- Technology: you have a passion for technology? Excellent, we do too. Here, you will manage, influence, play, create, fix, and shape the industry.
Diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals wishing to join our company, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflect the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.