CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: CNO) provides health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through our family of insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. 40|86 Advisors, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNO Financial, is a fixed income investment advisor.
Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana -- with home office locations in Chicago and Philadelphia-- CNO Financial is one of the 10 largest public companies in Indiana, with a market capitalization of $3.5 billion. We employ approximately 3,200 full-time associates, and CNO’s insurance subsidiaries provide more than 3.5 million policies to middle-income working Americans and retirees.
The Facilities Manager (FM) is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of all facility management and security personnel as part of the CNO Corporate environment.
The FM will manage properties as directed by the CNO Sr. Leadership. They function as the professional-in-charge of the specific asset(s) under management. As the lead professional, the FM is responsible for all aspects of corporate, client and tenant satisfaction. They are also responsible for the development of property-specific strategic plans of an operating and capital budget. The FM must develop a thorough understanding of our business units in 3 markets (Carmel, Chicago and Philly) and how the Facilities Department can assist or improve them.
- Creates the annual operating budget for each cost center, seeks approval, and implementation.
- Supports the leasing relationship in each market, the preparation of leases and is responsible for lease administration process. Assists in managing tenant option rights and lease interpretation.
- Oversees the onsite management team and engineering personnel, as defined within the operating budget or management plan.
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services.
- Identify and initiate process improvements for all current property systems.
- Monitors and initiates the Work Order System for the maintenance staffs.
- Oversees the administration and reservation process of the CNO Conference Center.
- Work with our Security Dept on physical and technical security services appropriate for CNO, Bankers Life and Colonial Penn.
- Manage the food service operations at each location.
- Administer the parking arrangements for markets where required (Chicago & Philly).
- Monitoring key lease terms to insure proper lease administration and dates of expiration of leases.
- Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating budget or management plan and tenant improvements per any new lease.
- Maintains role as a contact for tenants while overseeing tenant retention program
Education and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years of commercial real estate, facility or property management experience
- Must have at least three (3) to four (4) yearexperience at managing people.
- Experience in budgetpreparation/financialreporting,
- Familiarity with building automated systems.
- Lease negotiation, documentation and administration.
Certifications and Licenses
- Real Estate license required within the first six months of assuming the position
- CPM and/or RPA designation highly preferred
- Participation in local associations, IFMA, BOMA or IREM.