Colleagues you’ll love.
A dynamic and collaborative workplace where you can contribute to our story.
Access to over 6, free courses for your continuous development and career growth.
Comprehensive benefits from day one.
This is the #YPLife and what working at YP is all about.
About Yellow Pages
We’ve been in the game since 1908 and we continue to transform to offer our 233,500+ clients the best possible products and services.
We foster business relationships between Canadian small-to-medium businesses and their prospective customers. We do this by providing tailored, locally-relevant digital media and marketing solutions designed with both in mind. Over 73% of our revenue is generated by digital solutions.
About Corporate Finance & Corporate Accounting
Our Corporate Finance team is the backbone of our financial operations. From our analysts and treasury staff to risk managers and internal auditors, this is team is a key contributor to our continued success.
About The Role
- Support Senior Manager of External Reporting in the preparation of statutory financial information in a public company environment.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory financial statements and MD&A along with other statutory requirements (Annual Information Form Statistics Canada quarterly reports, etc) on a timely manner; include adequate planning with several other departments across the organization and planning with external auditors.
- Assist in preparation for quarter-end reviews and year-end audit by producing audit/review binder for external auditors.
- Prepare consolidation spreadsheets by preparing monthly journal entries for each company and organizing related back up documentation.
- Research new accounting guidelines to update the disclosure requirements for financial statement presentation.
- Prepare ad-hoc projects which are project specific.
What We Need
• Requires a CA degree.
• At least 3-4 years experience of relevant professional experience.
• Strong accounting and technical knowledge of the Handbook.
• Team player
• Well organized and ability to deliver in tight timelines
• Ability to adapt in a changing environment.