- Booking.com- The world's leading brand for booking online accommodation reservations, based on room nights booked, with operations worldwide and headquarters in the Netherlands.
- Priceline.com- Offers online travel reservation services primarily in the United States and is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut.
- KAYAK- Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, provides an online price comparison service (often referred to as "meta-search") that allows consumers to easily search and compare travel itineraries and prices, including airline ticket, accommodation reservation and rental car reservation information, from hundreds of travel websites at once.
- Agoda.com- A leading online accommodation reservation service catering primarily to consumers in the Asia-Pacific region, with headquarters in Singapore and operations in Bangkok, Thailand and throughout the region.
- Rentalcars.com- A leading worldwide online rental car reservation service and is headquartered in Manchester, England.
- OpenTable- A leading brand for booking online restaurant reservations headquartered in San Francisco, California.
This position is part of the Priceline Group’s (the “Group”) corporate organization and reports directly to the VP, Financial Reporting. This position serves a critical reporting role and will interface with Corporate and business unit personnel as well as the internal and external auditors. This position will be involved in the preparation of financial filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). This financialreporting group is also responsible for updating and maintaining our Corporate accounting policies relating to a wide range of accounting issues applicable to the Group’s worldwide operations. There will be opportunities for advancement within the Accounting and Finance Group.
The individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Preparation and coordination of quarterly and annual financial filings in Workiva (formerly WebFilings), including rollover for 10Q/K and Earnings Press Release, updatingfinancial statements/notes, Management’s Discussion and Analysis, and other disclosures;
- Assist in preparing disclosures for the quarterly and annual financial filings with the SEC, ensuring completeness and accuracy; and providing audit documentation for the external auditors; (e.g. Statement of Comprehensive Income, Goodwill, AOCI, Commitments, A/R, PP&E, benefit plans, quarterly data)
- Perform analysis of financial statements and schedules in support of SEC filings, including XBRL tagging, maintaining validation tools and performing ad hoc analysis, as requested;
- Maintain tie-out support binder for 10Q/K filings;
- Prepare annual statutory reports for 4 UK companies under the Group’s responsibility to ensure accounting and timely filing, including coordination with Tax;
- Assist in updating accounting policies for consistency and compliance with GAAP and SEC requirements;
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline external reporting; and
- Assist in special projects, as needed
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently and be accountable for tight deadlines
- Positive attitude and dependable team player with strong attention to detail
- Ability to build key working relationships within Corporate and accounting teams in each operating brand
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision and prioritize work to achieve objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Effective communication skills
- 4-year college degree in Accounting; CPA or working towards CPA certification
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of U.S. GAAP and experience in SEC reporting
- Public accounting experience
- Experience with Workiva or similar XBRL software
- Experience with Hyperion HFM preferred.