• Manage the preparation and review of the annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and the related Audit Committee presentations. Prepare detailed quarterly analysis to support external financial statements and explain movements in the Company’s balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement to senior management and the Board of Directors.
• Manage the preparation and review of monthly financial statements for internal reporting purposes.
• Review and provide input on materials produced by Investor Relations for internal and external use.
• Assist the Senior Manager of External Reporting to continuously improve the effectiveness of the external reporting function. Manage and develop professional staff, providing work allocations, goal setting and performance evaluations, training and problem resolution.
• Research accounting and reporting issues as needed and prepare disclosures for significant transactions and new accounting pronouncements.
• Document technical accounting conclusions in white papers on an ad hoc basis.
• Manage the Company’s accounting for consolidated equity.
• Review the earnings per share calculation and inputs. Prepare related analysis on EPS and share-based compensation for senior management.
• Direct the preparation of budgets and forecasts for select financial statement items.
• Develop and maintain appropriate standards of internal control to ensure the accuracy and quality of financial statements produced and in support of SOX compliance efforts.
• Assist with coordinating and managing the quarterly review procedures and the year-end audit process with the external auditor.
• Support Legal in the preparation of the annual Proxy Statement
• Manage the preparation of reports required for 401K compliance and certain statutory entities
Education and Background
• BS in accounting
• CPA/MBA or equivalent experience strongly desirable
• 6+ years’ total finance and accounting experience including expert knowledge of US GAAP principals and financial statement preparation. Big Four public accounting and US public company mix preferred
• Experience with multi-currency consolidations and reporting, cash flow, intercompany reconciliations, purchase accounting; or significant relevant auditexperience
• Expert in US GAAP accounting and consolidation process
• Experience with supplying financial statements and footnotes as part of the external reporting process (Form 10-Q and 10-K)
• Experience in working with external auditors on the completion of the quarterly review and annual audit process
• Expert use of Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Experience with TM1 and/or other query or report writing tools and data extraction reporting tools
• Expert in the preparation and automation of management reports and financial variance analysis
• Experience with leading the Sarbanes Oxley section 404 compliance for an external reporting team of a public registrant