Job ID 1091822
Position Purpose: Manage the external relations in accordance with Centene, the health plan, government and contractual guidelines.
- Develop strategic relationships with state legislative policymakers and healthcare advocates to enhance the health plan and Centene's role as a partner with the state and to assist in shaping public policy initiatives
- Collaborate with state agencies to facilitate the development of community partnerships and assist in the translation of partnerships into operational strategies
- Organize opportunities with partners, including members, providers, and the community, to promote the health plan through various events
- Assess issues and risks that impact program priorities and negatively impact members or providers based upon knowledge gained from community partnerships
- Receive and respond to inquiries from stakeholders, including legislators and community advocates
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Public Policy, Government Affairs, Business Administration or equivalent experience. 5+ years of government relations or community relations experience. Previous experience as a lead in a functional area, managing cross functional teams on large scale projects or supervisory experience including hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff. Experience with state legislature, federal and state, Medicaid laws and regulations and experience working with community based organizations and advocacy groups preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.