Position at ITW Corporate
In this critical role, the Manager- Executive Compensation will report to the Director of Compensation and be responsible for the management and administration of all executive compensation processes; being the technical expert in executive compensation and leading all executive compensation projects and programs. As this role handles highly sensitive and publically reported executive compensation, the person in this role must have impeccable data analytics skills with a track record of communicating complex reward concepts to senior stakeholders.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Participate in the design and manage the implementation and administration of executive compensation programs for officers and key executives. Programs may include base pay review and analysis, short- and long-term incentive plan design and equity plan design.
- Manage the third party vendor which administers our long-term incentive programs for employees and non-executive directors. Manage the processes and act as the subject matter expert to ensure effective coordination of all activities betweenpayroll, HRIS, accounting, treasury, legal and the vendor for all grant and vestingevents.
- Ensure annual and off-cycle equity grants are appropriately managed
- Ensure that vesting events occur smoothly and in a timely manner, working withpayroll, accounting, tax and other internal stakeholders, as necessary
- Ensure dividends for non-executive directors and dividend equivalents for employees with equity grants occur in a timely and accurate manner.
- Project manage and prepare the board of directors compensation committee materials.
- Project manage and prepare the Compensation Discussion & Analysis, working with the payroll, legal, accounting, and benefits teams to prepare all compensation related data for the company’s annual proxy disclosure.
- Provide consultation on executive compensation matters to senior human resource leaders for new hires, promotions and terminations. Provide executive compensation briefings to eligible executives, as necessary (e.g., new hires or newly promoted).
- Direct the salary survey process and evaluate market data for executive positions.
- Complete all compliance reporting and analysis, including all SOX and other compliance processes for executive compensation.
- Support and lead other broad-based compensation projects, as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 7years of experience in compensation.
- Experience with executive compensation design, analysis and administration, both cash and equity.
- In-house experiencesupporting in the preparation of compensation committee and proxy disclosure materials.
- Working knowledge of public company compliance requirements related to executive compensation.
- Deep analytical skills combined with high attention to detail and solid understanding of financial concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects across multiple functions.
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Experience with broad-based compensation programs.