- Develop, execute and oversee written communications of moderate complexity, including social media copy, presentations, news stories, web content, talking points, and correspondence.
- Support Senior Manager of Executive Communications with maintaining an editorial calendar of social media content for Stanford Medicine’s executive leadership.
- Lead the development of engaging and relevant social media content for Stanford Medicine’s leaders (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram) and coordinate content publishing.
- Regularly assess performance of social media content and recommend strategies for continuously improving audience reach and engagement.
- Maintain annual calendar of national conferences and help to coordinate speaking roles for executive leaders. Support the development of briefing materials and messaging for speaking opportunities.
- Work with Sr. Director of Executive Communications and media relations team on developing proactive media angles to position our leadership for regional and national press opportunities. Conduct informational interviews with faculty to support our storytelling efforts.
- Support the development of executive briefing books for interviews with print, broadcast, and online media.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
- Experience in writing about academic medicine and/or the biosciences for lay audiences.
- Experience in writing for and/or managing executive and/or employee communications programs.
- Experience in managing complex projects within large organizations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Excellent written communication skills, reporting skills, and skills in conceptual editing, copy editing, and proof reading.
- Proven success in writing for publication in print, web, and other platforms.
- Ability to change voice and writing style to fit a particular audience and purpose.
- Firm understanding of web technologies and applications, including social networking, social media tools, and current communication trends.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal communications groups across campus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a variety of people.
- Capacity to write and synthesize materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.