At Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP), our mission is to bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime.
The Manager, Executive Communications will help drive strategic executive engagement, and be responsible for the crafting of communications for senior leaders within Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP). This role is an excellent opportunity to showcase strategic thinking and expertise with superior writing capabilities and versatility. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Executive Communications, this position will focus on delivering high-quality communications for executives overseeing Disney's global consumer products, games, publishing, and retail businesses.
This position works closely with partners across CPGP and DPEP to guide executive engagement in strategic and meaningful ways that strengthen the reputation of both the business and its leaders. This individual will also work with peers across the segment and the Company to ensure coordination and integration when multiple speakers from Disney are involved.
This role requires frequent interaction with senior executives. Candidates should have experience interfacing with principals and be comfortable acting as an advisor and thought partner. Candidates should also be able to flex their style to optimize their interaction with leaders.
In terms of day-to-day responsibilities, this role will focus on speeches, presentations, and other written materials, including keynote addresses, video scripts, written communications to employees and external stakeholders, and panel remarks. Influencing and guiding leadership engagement and outreach efforts will be important to help ensure strategic alignment with segment-wide communications plans.
This role is part of a larger executive communications team responsible for internal and external engagement, strategic positioning, and stakeholder event management.Responsibilities:
- Develop and support internal and external strategic executive engagement plans for senior leadership
- Prepare key messages for executives participating in high profile events, conferences or other forums where media may be present
- Develop internal and external communications -- presentations, video segments, scripts, talking points and executive perspectives
- Conduct presentation preparation and rehearsals and be on site day of event to manage logistics and handle executive needs (may require domestic and international travel)
- Manage content development and presentation design for internal and external audiences
- Ideally 7 years of corporate/foundation/government executive communications experience, either at a corporation, foundation, or government
- Ability to translate complicated concepts into clear, compelling language for audiences ranging from key stakeholders to media to consumers
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective executive communication content requiring minimal editing and rework
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic-thinking and problem-solving skills
- A highly collaborative approach
- Ability to manage constantly changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Experience creating Keynote and PowerPoint presentations
- Previous experience with The Walt Disney Company including in-depth knowledge of Disney business and organizational sensitivities
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. , which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products .
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.