Manage and coordinate all client-facing events, overseeing all phases of the project from initial concept to event follow-up. This includes identifying project requirements, researching appropriate vendors, submitting a proposal with budget, planning appropriate accommodations, supervising team on event days, execution and post event follow-up.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential functions:
- Manage business development events including cocktail receptions, closing dinners, golf sponsorships and developing unique experiences for client entertainment including theater, concert events, sporting events, etc
- Manage and coordinate Partner Retreat, which usually occurs every three years. Scouting locations, working with on-site DMCs, supervising a team of Weil-staffed event coordinators, planning agenda of entertainment and meals, coordinator with various firm leaders to coordinate their group meetings and entertainment, collaborate with Travel Department on airline and hotel negotiations, etc.
- Manage events team
- Collaborate with business development team to produce CLE seminars and events for clients.
- Manage and supervise various internal departments to execute events (Facilities, Food Services, Reception, Security, etc.).
- Collaborate with other departments to coordinate firm-wide events for their groups, including pro bono, diversity and associate orientation-related meetings and events.
- Act as a liaison with clients who will be using our facilities for their events.
- Manage vendor relationships with restaurants, florists, hotels, catering, etc.
- Keep abreast of trends in the marketplace (i.e. what’s new and hot) to bring a creative approach to events.
- Identify and implement software to streamline administrative tasks (online registration forms, InterAction mailing lists, etc.).
- Partner with Legal Recruiting to plan events related the Summer Associate Program, OCI and other recruiting events. Manage the online store of firm promotional materials
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 7+ years event planning experience in corporate or professional services firm.
- Management experience of staff
- Must possess positive attitude and the ability to work well with and motivate partners, associates and staff.
- Ability to multi-task and manage under extremely stressful situations and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional project management skills.
- Independent worker who takes initiative and exhibits excellent time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; exhibit appropriate demeanor with clients, partners and staff.
- Strong writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Exhibits thoughtful and sound judgment in problem solving and relationship management.
- Experience using databases and InterAction to support business development activities.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in marketing or related areas.