Overview and Responsibilities
The Manager, Nickelodeon Experience will play a key role within the Nickelodeon event department as we seek innovative, creative and modern ways to represent the Nickelodeon channel on the ground/experientially for our internal clients to meet their dynamic and unique goals and needs.
He/She must have the ability to think outside the box, with high style and design sensibilities, and a willingness to support all elements of the event – large and small - to deliver success.
- Working as part of the events team to produce a wide variety of events from large to small
- Manage all production elements including: production schedules and timelines, venue research & management, travel & transportation management, premiums, on-site branding elements, menu, talent, guest activities and sponsor activations, etc.
- Oversee development, design and execution of events throughout all stages of planning: conduct venue and premium research, arrange site visits, submit creative briefs, assist with preparation for weekly meetings with partners, develop staffing plans for on-site support and post-event recaps
- Budget creation and management for all assigned events
- Developing and implementing plans and production schedules for events (security walk thru, transportation plan, creative & printed materials, etc.)
- Responsible for generating event timelines, meeting schedules, and to help manage clients through the project planning and approval process
- Collaborate and communicate with cross functional teams to ensure brand alignment and successful outcomes i.e. creative design, social, property marketing, content programming, production management, legal etc.
- Interfacing directly with Nickelodeon Senior Management and key internal contacts to create content for events
- Actively seeking out new vendors and partners to keep our events fresh and innovative
- 5 to 7 years in Special Events and/or Event Production
- Project Management and Leadership experiencerequired
- Adaptability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work under deadlines while keeping a positive demeanor and client focused
- Must be a flexible and a creative problem solver
- Must be self-motivated, organized and detail oriented
- Ability to travel, work evenings and weekends as required for events
- Reports into Director, Nickelodeon Experience
- B.A. Degree Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent work experiencepreferred