Manager, ETO Sourcing & Supply
Achieve year-on-year improvement in total cost, quality, and service by leading regional and global supply management activities for a portfolio of products across the engineered-to-order (ETO) businesses. Leadership of regional strategic sourcing & supply teams (Brazil, Canada, Mexico, and US), accountable for execution and implementation of the sourcing strategies within ETO products. This position will manage multiple regional Procurement Managers / Project Managers and lead strategy globally. Depending on product portfolio, this position will be responsible for annual spend up to $300 million.
- Develop the sourcing & supply strategy for engineered-to-order products portfolio. Engage in cross-functional development and execution of strategy (materials, ops, quality). The sourcing strategy will drive the continuous improvement of Rockwell’s Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the assigned commodities / products. etc.
- Drive implementation of the sourcing strategy for assigned products. Manager will communicate, monitor and aggressively manage business unit compliance with the strategy. The Manager will also establish working relationships with other functions (e.g. engineering, materials, operations, marketing, and quality assurance) bringing a strategic sourcing perspective to all key processes.
- The Manager will champion annual productivity / performance improvements by leading internal and joint supplier/unit teams pursuing TCO reduction opportunities in alignment with the sourcing strategy.
- Leadership of strategic sourcing & supply management teams. The Manager will lead and drive results of specific strategic sourcing strategies within assigned products / commodities. He or she must be successful at managing and influencing a cross-functional team.
- Develop an expertise in the business unit product requirements. The Manager partners with business units to understand the goals and objectives and formulates strategies to achieve desired business results.
- Responsible for Global Supplier Management. The Manager will monitor and evaluate supplier performance quality, delivery, lead time of all suppliers. The Manager will be responsible for monthly reporting to senior management on key performance indicators within the supply chain. These KPI’s may include savings, quality, delivery, lead time, market trends, etc.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent. Staff and develop a high-performing and motivated team responsible for interfacing with the business and plants. Provide mentoring and development of direct/indirect reports in the department to build functional and leadership capabilities.
- Continuously develops and improves the capability of the team.
- Clearly Communicates RA’s vision, values, principles and business goal.
- Displays courage in dealing with the complexities of people management. Constructively provides feedback as required, recognizes strong performance, and handles difficult conversations when undesirable performance or behavior is discovered.
- Demonstrates ability to lead change cross-functionally.
- Strong ability to lead in a matrix environment.
- Capability to effectively communicate to all layers of the organization including Sr. Executives.
- Develop strong day-to-day functional and cross-functional working relationships in an effort to better understand partnering goals and product strategy objectives.
- Willingly contributes ideas within and across work groups, and teams with others to complete varied work assignments. Understands the importance of working toward common goals.
- Ability to work in an environment prone to deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Capability to effectively make decisions with limited time and information
- Consistently delivers clear and concise written / verbal communications.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum 8 of experience working in Supply Chain, Operations or Quality in a manufacturing and/or industrial environment
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 2years of experience in leading global teams and developing strategy
- Proven experience in strategy development and project management.
- Knowledge of various commodities (e.g. electronics, mechanical, factored / branded products).
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects / assignments requiring identification of objectives, resources and/or approaches.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Knowledge in data architecture and management applications (e.g. Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
This position requires limited travel to other Rockwell Automation locations to support assigned business unit segment (30% Domestic & International).
- Strong team leader/contributor, comfortable in leading cross functional and multi-cultural teams.
- High energy, driven and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish new approaches to reduce Total Cost Ownership (TCO).
- Possess well-rounded knowledge in supply chain, materials planning and logistics
- Exceptional problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) to various levels of the organization
- Proficient in dealing with language and cultural barriers
- Capable of capturing and transforming an idea/concept into business opportunity and deliver positive results