The Regional Director is responsible for managing the West Coast for Kiehl's Since 1851 Specialty and Department store accounts. He or she will develop and lead strategies to establish Kiehl's as the #1 brand in each door and account. Possess the ability to identify selling trends, develop strategies and implement action plans to positively impact business. He or she will also maintain excellent relationships with regional and store teams for each account. He or she will effectively manage a team of Sales and Training Executives on the West Coast and is responsible for their onboarding, training, development, recruiting and retention.
- Exhibit ownership and provide consistent direction for their region as well as be a leader to execute business plans, and ensure company objectives are achieved.
- Manage a team of highly performing Sales and Training Executives.
- Develop business strategies to positively drive sales within all stores in the assigned market.
- Establish selling and management goals for assigned market and an evaluation method to track individual performance.
- Recruit, retain and develop a high performing and diverse team with a complement of both internal and external talent.
- Travel to store locations to ensure selling, management and visual merchandising standards are met.
- Collaborate with various business partners (Marketing, Communications, Store Operations, Training, Finance and Human Resources) to share best practices and execute business strategies.
- Drive a consistent brand message across regions within the assigned market by providing strategic insight and clarity to the Sales and Training Executives.
- Establish and nurture relationships with Account Regional managers.
- Coach and develop Sales and Training Executives on business acumen, visual presentation through store visits and exceptional onboarding.
- Evaluate Staff productivity thru BATA and retailer metrics and take appropriate action to drive performance
- Execute special projects under direction of Vice President Sales.
- Reports directly to National Field Sales Vice President.
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
- 7 + years of managing multiple store environment with broad geographic scope; self-service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in driving sales by leading, motivating and developing a team.
- Exceptional business acumen required.
- Highly resourceful, flexible and ability to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and business partners.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of the competitive landscape and ability to translate findings to positively impact business.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to remain stationary or sit for the majority of a scheduled day.
- Must be able to stand and move around a store for the majority of a scheduled day.
- Able to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment throughout the day.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management or related field of study required.
- Ability to travel 60-80% based on business needs.