Las Cruces, NM
5 - 7 years
Posted 38 days ago
Memorial Medical Center
Director of Environmental Services: Responsiblefor directing and overseeing the operational needs of the Environmental Serviceand Linen Department.
• Responsible for department’s financial data and statistics
• Monitoring of unit expenditures
• Makes recommends for department operating budget and ensure the department operates within budget
• Coordinates housekeeping activities with other departments
• Actively communicates with administration and other hospital departments
• Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and supervises functions and activities of the department
• Establishes work standards and work flow
• Establishes and implements policies and procedures for departmental operations
• Encourages and mentors staff creativity and innovation
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies
• Proactive in the achievement of the facility goals and objectives
• Demonstrates quality leadership in meeting performance plans
• Reads, develops, and administers performance improvement process
• Develops and maintains job descriptions for department staff
• Encourages staff to participate in education programs
Minimum Education: Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business or related major.
Minimum Work Experience: Five (5) years’ experience in health care Environmental Services or applicable experience in management.
Required Skills: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Certifications: Executive-Housekeepers Association Certified Member. Association of Institutional Linen Management Registered Manager preferred.