Job Title: Manager, Environmental Health and Safety Job Code: SAS20211201-54974 Job Location: Clifton, NJ Job Description:
Ability to manage all aspects of facility EHS program including hazard recognition & control, incident investigation and implementation of proactive safety initiatives. Has to be able to Integrate safety into facility culture and programs to shift cultural paradigm and drive implementation by operations and facilities management. One important aspect is to be able to Complete Tasks required for regular audits of permits, regulations and facility performance criteria via Framework and Reg Auditor using the Gensuite platform. Lastly, the individual will need to be able to Investigate and analyze complex data to resolve compliance concerns between the corporation, customers, and government regulatory agencies. Essential Functions:
- A successful candidate will be well-rounded and experienced in environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Leads EHS programs with both direct and matrix reporting responsibilities.
- Interacts directly with sector, site, and functional leadership in the development and execution of EH&S initiatives and objectives.
- Actively promotes a zero injury culture across all employees and functions.
- Leads and cultivates a team of EH&S professionals to support actions and meet the company's EH&S goals and compliance obligations.
- Serves as expert resource to the company for maintaining all facility required environmental permitting, plan development, reporting and inspection activities.
- Remains current with all applicable regulations and company policies and implements appropriate programs to ensure compliance.
- Executes ISO 14001/45001 compliant EH&S management system elements.
- Uses common EHS tools and platforms to meet corporate reporting requirements and enhance employee engagement and commitment.
- Supports the sector's successful completion of both internal and external risk assessments, audits, and inspections.
- Reviews investigations completed for the root cause of any injury, accident, illness or near miss arising in the course of business operations. Supports dissemination of information and lessons learned across the company.
- Assesses adequacy of EHS training.
- Reviews new designs, processes, and projects to identify and eliminate EHS impacts.
- Performs other similar tasks as required and assigned.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior environmental, health, and safety experience, including personnel management and experience leading EHS initiatives OR Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience OR equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years of hands-on EH&S program management experience and in-depth knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental regulations including safety training, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Graduate Degree with a minimum of two years of prior related experience.
- BS Degree or higher in Environmental Health Science, Industrial/Occupational Safety or related field.
- Gensuite or other EHS common reporting system platform experience
- Advanced degrees and professional certifications are a plus
- ISO 14001/45001 experience and certifications
- Experience in large, matrixed organizations
- Prior leadership experience