Hunter Engineering Company® is the global leader in alignment systems, wheel and tire service, brake service and inspection lane equipment. Hunter® equipment is approved and used by vehicle manufacturers, automobile and truck dealers, tire dealers and service facilities around the world.
Hunter Engineering Company is in search of an Manager of Environmental, Health and Safety, they will implement policies to ensure compliance with OSHA standards and to support a safe and healthy work environment at three Mississippi manufacturing facilities.
- Develop and implement programs and policies for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical, and biological hazards at the facility.
- Prepare and schedule OSHA compliance training.
- Conduct safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance and identify corrective action.
- Develop hazardous material communications, including maintaining material data sheets.
- Provide technical guidance to management regarding health, safety, and environmental related problems and correct use of protective clothing and PPE.
- Monitor the company’s health, safety, and environmental standards to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, especially OSHA and EPA guidelines.
- Maintain working knowledge of new developments in the industry and government regulations.
- Support harmonization between sites on Respiratory Protection, Fall Hazards, Emergency response, hazardous communication and other OSHA compliance programs.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA compliance requirements.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Full working knowledge of industrial machine controls and machine automation.
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and reach.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety or related field.
- 5+ years related industrial work experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- OSHA 30 certified.
- Forklift Operator and Forklift Trainer certified.