Manager Entertainment Strategy
As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Manager of Entertainment Strategy manages a variety of strategic and developmental projects, as well as partners with the Entertainment Leadership Team to manage the creation and implementation of the entertainment strategic plan. This is also a pivotal role within Corporate Entertainment in influencing both mid and senior-level executives across the division, in order to support the effective implementation and long-term sustainability of entertainment initiatives.
The successful candidate will manage strategic projects and act as the liaison between project managers and Director of Entertainment Strategy & Projects. Key outcomes of this position’s work will be improved strategic frameworks and processes leading to additional content booked, larger share of wallet for MGM RI, and incremental profit for Corporate Entertainment.
Responsible for deploying and managing the execution and tracking of the strategic plan, as well as additional strategic objectives that arise through the course of normal business. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Partner with Entertainment strategy team to develop and lead division-level planning processes for projects to ensure alignment on strategic goals and tactics, financial objectives, and organizational priorities.
- Manage the execution of company-wide and division-level strategic projects and initiatives.
- Liaise with Strategic Operations and Strategic Initiatives departments to ensure alignment with and clear communication of enterprise-wise initiatives; develop framework and manage the tracking of interdependencies within or across projects.
- Provide day-to-day operational support and offer insight and recommendations for the strategic plan and Entertainment Strategy team.
- Design and execute reporting strategies to track progress (key metrics) and communicate to stakeholders.
- Liaise with Project Managers and cross-functional support to ensure progress (key metrics) on strategic initiatives and projects.
- Manage inter-division communication and engagement on strategic initiatives and projects.
- Develop, design and prepare formal presentations to include power point presentations, white papers, business cases for approval and mass internal communications.
- Develop and foster a culture of continuous improvement through facilitation of training sessions related to continuous improvement, project management and leadership competency concepts and practices.
- Partner with the Director Entertainment Strategy and Projects to develop and implement Continuous Improvement framework for Entertainment.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 5 years high-level experience with entertainment or consulting; which includes at least 2 years high-level experience with project and process experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- MBA from a top-tier graduate business school
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.