As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the primary responsibility of the Corporate Entertainment Marketing team to deliver unique, memorable and world class entertainment experiences to our guests, employees and partners, while delivering consistent, innovative and efficient operations.
The Manager provides leadership to, executes strategic direction to, and is responsible for contributing to the success of the Entertainment Marketing team. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and MGM Resorts International policies and procedures and legal requirements. At all times, must ensure the goals and interest of the department, division and all MGM Resorts International properties (individually and collectively) are upheld and preserved.
- Demonstrates business acumen and sound decision making. Sets direction and makes informed decisions that enhance financial and operational performance. Demonstrates highly effective critical thinking skills. Seeks out and leverages information and data to inform business strategies. Maintains an enterprise-wide perspective that enhances business profitability.
- Leads and develops a high-performing, inclusive and diverse team. Creates a culture of high-performance and employee engagement. Assesses skills of team members and provides developmental opportunities to enhance current and future performance. Holds self and others accountable and enforces high standards. Coaches and mentors others and provides candid and constructive feedback. Leverages employee differences and diversity of thought.
- Exemplifies leadership and integrity. Sets a forward-thinking vision and drives the organization to meet that vision. Makes difficult or unpopular decisions for the good of the business. Displays personal resilience and is not discouraged by resistance or obstacles. Demonstrates ethical behavior and integrity regardless of the situation. Exhibits professionalism, flexibility, confidence, and composure.
- Pursues personal development. Is intellectually curious and continually seeks self-improvement. Actively asks for and acts upon feedback from others. Consistently works to enhance leadership skills, technical skills, and community involvement.
- Inspires a values-based culture. Understands, communicates, and acts in accordance with the company’s core values (teamwork, integrity, and excellence) and demonstrates their connection to the success of the business. Incorporates Corporate Social Responsibility pillars (volunteerism and philanthropy, diversity and inclusion, and sustainability) into the business culture.
- Champions innovation and change. Creates an environment in which creativity and innovation are the norm and change is not only accepted but encouraged. Takes appropriate risks and encourages others to do so. Demonstrates an ability to facilitate and lead through change.
- Partners and collaborates with others. Proactively seeks input from others, leveraging diversity and individual expertise. Communicates effectively, providing the right message to the right audience at the right time. Develops, maintains, and leverages a network built on trust within and outside of the company in support of initiatives. Demonstrates tact and diplomacy, and honors commitments to others.
- With departmental colleagues, create and execute departmental strategic plan, budget, employee evaluations, operating procedures, structure, and efficiency that provide maximum value to corporation as a whole. Direct team consistently in order to achieve goals.
- Assists with mentorships of indirect reports, which may include but is not limited to interviewing, training, retaining, oversight and coaching competent direct and indirect reports by establishing clear roles and responsibilities and providing regular feedback and guidance on departmental short and long term vision.
- Provides leadership to division and corporation, which may include serving on committees and participating in various cross-divisional activities.
- Executes against Key Performance Indicators for Entertainment Marketing, which may include but are not limited to: driving revenue in various ways (e.g. ticket sales, room nights, ancillary spend, etc.), maximizing ROI, maximizing brand impressions, managing expenses, etc.
- Supports business planning for the success of venues. In collaboration with the corporate Finance Department, manage marketing P&L and make adjustments to plans to achieve financial goals.
- In collaboration with event producers and promoters, ticketing, media, database, PR and other departments, plan and execute integrated, strategic marketing plans to drive ticket sales to a wide variety of events, including direct marketing strategy, segmentation strategies, campaign frequency, etc.
- Implements cross marketing platform to leverage the size and scale of the entertainment organization to cross sell and promote multiple events and programs effectively and efficiently.
- Researches, recognizes, and actively pursue opportunities to grow and maximize events.
- Implement internal communication strategy to facilitate maximum ticket sales.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of marketing plan for the Las Vegas Arena, Toshiba Plaza, Las Vegas Village, Las Vegas Festival Grounds and hosted events including, but not limited to, branding, sales collateral, website, venue app, digital and social media assets. Ensure content is accurate and updated in a timely manner as new event additions/changes are made.
- Facilitates Las Vegas Arena, Toshiba Plaza, Las Vegas Village, Las Vegas Festival Grounds and event public relations and internal and external communications.
- Coordinates and communicate with Directors of Entertainment and Marketing for MGM Grand Garden Arena, Mandalay Bay Events Center and other company entertainment venues.
- Liaise with MGM Resorts International Corporate marketing, advertising, and public relations entities to promote and market arena events across all MGM Resorts International properties and outlets.
- Maintains and leverage Las Vegas Arena, Las Vegas Festival Grounds and Las Vegas Village databases for targeted email, social media and SMS campaigns employing campaign management, customer profiling, message customization and predictive modeling.
- Maintains and modifies reporting strategies in order to track and achieve KPIs; able to interpret complex reports and assist in modifying variables to achieve accuracy; develop and define departmental strategies by working closely with analytics teams.
- Understands detailed functions and dependency on variety of internal technologies, systems and departments; able to modify departmental plans as variability in outside forces occurs in order to continue progression of goals.
- Creates and lead regular productive meetings and interactions with clients, resort management, senior executives and team.
- Monitors news, current events, market and relevant hospitality, event and entertainment trends. Acquires and utilizes all available consumer data, industry trends, and venue statistics to drive tactics.
- Understands and abides by all company policies, procedures, practices and philosophies.
- Manages direction and execution of high value programs, as well as creative and formal proposals.
- Provides account management, project management and outside agencies, including media, creative service, etc.
- Cooperates and communicates with Operations and Property teams for excellent execution of campaigns.
- Creates and maintains marketing calendar and budget.
- Builds and maintains strong internal and external professional relationships. Ability to influence across teams to achieve goals required.
- Strong ability to navigate a complex organization with a wide variety of brands, target consumers and available assets. Thinks creatively and can pivot approach to adapt to situation or client as required.
- Works collaboratively with and lead cross functional teams in order to achieve departmental goals, which may include advertising, media planners/buyers, legal, risk management, public relations, casino marketing, corporate marketing, front line operations, strategic sourcing, information technology, national and international market development, and resort teams.
- Takes an active role part in all facets of the industry, including attending and representing division and corporation at trade related functions.
- Executes comprehensive, targeted multi-platform media and marketing plans, including but not limited to advertising creative and placement, database marketing, internet marketing, social media execution, sweepstakes, etc.
- Manages marketing execution throughout company by communicating programs and promotions, distributing collateral, maintaining brand standards, etc.
- Acts as day to day point of contact for account management, project management and outside agencies.
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks as set forth by supervisors, including but not limited to: answering phones, schedule meetings, calendar management, office supply orders, maintain current client database, submitting Logon Service Requests on behalf of the department, maintaining files and SharePoint, completion of basic reporting, etc.
- Travel preparations including: air / hotel reservations, transportation, and shipment of hotel promotional materials.
- Creations of deck templates and presentations using Microsoft Office PowerPoint and other necessary tools.
- Provide supportive tasks for supervisors for assigned account management, project management and outside agencies and support company initiatives and events.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Hotel Management, Business Administration or relevant field.
- At least 4 years of experience in marketing, events, advertising, media or other relevant area.
- Proven track record in developing and delivering complex programs and projects with positive, measurable results.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Hospitality related experience.
- Previous experience in a similar resort setting.