Manager – Custom Application support will be accountable for the overall operations and support or ‘run, maintain’ and support of all custom developed applications / products. This team will be the key focal point for day-to-day custom apps/products operations and support issues and interact directly with T&I teams, business teams, and partners.
The role will oversee day-to-day run, maintain, and support across all custom developed apps / products. The team includes functional and technical resources including Software Engineers – Support across a co-sourced internal and partnered team. The Lead will provide key feedback and input to T&I leadership on optimization strategies and continuous improvement.
The Lead is accountable for the definition, cultivation, and continuous improvement of custom apps/products operations and support processes, techniques, SLAs / metrics, and overall best practices. Where there is rigor and establish practices across the COTS and packaged solutions domains, a key challenge for the Lead will be establishing the same best practices for custom developed applications/products.
- Day to Day Support (50%)
- Policies, Procedures and Standards (15%)
- Technical Requirements and Design (20%)
- Traning (10%)
- Project Requirements (5%)
- Over 7 years of experience designing and building web-based applications with Java framework and exposure to front end framework like Angular, React etc.
- 5+ years hands on experience of using tools such as Jenkins / GitHub / Docker / Kubernetes etc. with AWS.
- Experience with distributed computing, Web Services, SOA, and JEE design concepts
- Strong SQL skills, exposure to Database design and development in PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Agile, Hybrid and waterfall development methodology.
- Fully versed on applications operations and support best practices to include Incident Management, Problem Management, and Release Management along with a Tiered support model
- Experience utilization ticketing tools.
- Business Process acumen.
- Validate and ensure detailed scope per deployment roadmap and ensure all integration on points are addressed and overall solution integrity of the landscape.
- Familiar with SLA framework and application operations day to day metrics.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting or Business from an accredited institution or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience with Information Technology / Information Systems
- 5+ years’ experience leading an applications operations & support / Run & Maintain organization including functional and technical team members and partners.
- Experience with implementation of Site reliability engineering operating model.
- 2- 3-year hands-on experience performance monitoring & diagnostic tools.
- Hands-on experience collecting performance data, analyzing, troubleshooting, and tuning.
- Experience working with global partners/service providers.
- Experience of Unit/Integration/Functional testing (libraries such as MSTest, NUnit, Selenium, Moq)
- Experience of leading effort of Revise, update, refactor and debug code & improve existing software.
Certifications & Licenses
- AWS Certified cloud professional (CCP)
- ITIL certified
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively at all levels in the organization
- Strategic skills to develop long term visions and the ability to translate them into actionable roadmaps that are broadly accepted
- Proven track record of successful team leadership and development
- Positive “glass half-full” attitude, pleasant to work with, focused on customer satisfaction
- Detail oriented
- Proactive, persistent, passionate, creative, flexible, and dependable
- Strong customer and user experience focus
- Good presentation skills engaging a variety of audiences potentially up to the ELT