At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is looking for a self-starting, responsible, action-oriented, and highly motivated individual to lead our growing Enterprise Services team. The mission of Enterprise Services is to ensure that our customers realize the full value of the products and services they have purchased from Proofpoint, ultimately maximizing renewals and add-on transactions. The Enterprise Services Manager will be responsible for leading and training a team of Technical Account Managers. This is a technical leadership role in a fast-paced environment that demands interaction with enterprises at senior levels, as well as with technical staff within the traditional IT and Security organization. Successful candidates will have an excellent technical and security software foundation, as well as people management experience and staff development skills.
This role may require up to 25% travel, usually less.
- Work collaboratively with other groups, including Professional Services, Support, Sales, Engineering, and Product Management to ensure effective operation of our team and ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Formulate best practices for presentations, quarterly reports, and health checks as well as overall TAM strategy
- Be a thought leader on the value of the Premium Support offering and assist in the development of sales strategy and program objectives
- All aspects of personnel management including recruiting/hiring, development, training and delivering annual reviews
- Provide feedback and direction, both positive and constructive in a timely and effective manner
- Build a strong team and provide satisfaction among your team and customer
- Provide technical leadership and communications to senior staff during service availability issues and other critical events such as major upgrades and migrations
- Provide ongoing and proactive technical leadership and support to Proofpoint’s largest and most strategic customers with little direction. Our TAMs are assigned to largest and most complex customers most critical to Proofpoint’s success as a company.
- Direct crisis and incident response, working with the account team, technical support, operations and engineering teams to ensure timely resolution, while communicating effectively with customers.
- Along with the assigned TAM, meet regularly with strategic clients, both remotely and on-site, to review support interactions, system status, major issues, upcoming releases, and other pertinent items.
- Maintain practical technical knowledge of Proofpoint’s product suite and be able to mentor staff on best practices, preferred configurations, and next steps for customer issues.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of industry experience in an client/professional services, sales engineer, senior support engineer, IT operations management, or senior engineer role with exposure to multiple technology areas
- Very strong customer service and excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- A history of successfully leading and directing technical staff through crisis situations
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of project management and strong time management skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independently