Functions Supervised: Enterprise Compliance; BSA/AML; Operations Risk Management; Vendor Risk Management
Primary Functions: The Manager, Enterprise Risk & Compliance will be responsible for implementing the Credit Union's long term strategic compliance plan, in anticipation of future growth and expanded regulatory responsibilities and oversight. She/he will oversee the BSA/AML department, the Operations Risk Assessment Program, the Vendor Risk Management program, and the enterprise Compliance Officer. She/he will identify and lead risk and compliance initiatives, develop and refine appropriate risk and compliance monitoring and testing processes, implement a centralized complaint management system for the Credit Union, and work with all levels and departments in the organization to reinforce and energize the risk and compliance ecosystem of the Credit Union.
Duties and Responsibilities:
RequirementsEducation: Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, statistics, information technology, or related fields expected. MBA, Juris Doctorate (JD), and/or other applicable professional certification preferred (i.e., Commissioned Federal Bank Examiner; Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager; Certified Enterprise Risk Management Professional; Project Management Professional, etc.).
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Not Applicable
Experience/Skills: Minimum of ten years of experience working at a senior level or higher in a heavily regulated industry, including direct experience with audit, regulatory compliance, and/or enterprise risk management. Impeccable ethical reputation and strong emotional intelligence. Previous executive-level experience preferred. Strongly prefer candidates with experience working in financial services and/or multi-state operations of a size and scale comparable to Alaska USA. To also include the following:
• Knowledge and understanding of regulatory risk and compliance challenges in the financial/banking sector.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, legal documents, governmental regulations and professional publications.
• Understanding of the role risk and compliance functions can play in supporting business and strategic objectives.
• Proven track record of working well and influencing peers, as well as members of a senior management team.
• Experience interacting and working successfully with federal regulators.
• Previous and demonstrable experience building and leading a successful and effective team of professionals, including oversight of remote personnel.
• Flexible approach to new projects, requirements, and workplace demands.
• Possess strong project management, organizational, analytical, presentation and leadership skills. Previous leadership of change management initiatives.
• Ability to influence major decisions having compliance ramifications through reasoned analysis and business understanding.
• Knowledge and experience with the implementation and management of complex IT systems preferred.
• Excellent and demonstrable oral and written communication skills.
• High emotional intelligence, good judgment, and sense of humor.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Power Point and Excel is required.